Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ordered a brand new CC 4x4 in December. I know the order went through because my dealer had ordered the same vehicle but a different colour for his inventory so all he had to do was change the colour and the plant confirmed the change.

Now they say the truck is lost. They also say there is no CC 4x4 with off road sparkle red w/sand interior anywhere in Canada. The dealer can't even get an answer if it was made or not, or what happened to the order! I figure somebody (probably Nissan Canada) isn't telling the truth and my truck is being driven by someone else with more clout than my dealer has :-(.

My dealer said he found the exact truck at the plant that has already been made but has the titanium/graphite interior. I said i would take it as I probably should have ordered the dark interior in the first place to hide the dirt from my dog and kids.

They say the plant assigned it to their inventory and it is going to be shipped soon. We shall see...for now I am still walking and pouting!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Oh Keane, that's awful; hard to imagine things like that getting fouled up but maybe it'll be for the best with the dark interior (I sure like mine) and I hope they get that one to you pronto!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Keane,

I have the 'sand' interior and have seen the 'graphite'. I don't think your going to be as unhappy as you think. My wife doesn't mind the 'sand' and the truck was everything else we wanted...but my rahters would be the Graphite.

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Keane I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I used to be a Field Manager for Ford Motor and can attest to situations like yours happening. It's impossible to know what really happened in your case, but it does happen occasionally.

Hopefully they can get you something you want. My advice is only get the grey interior if you really want it. Don't let your excitement get the best of you. Wait the extra time to get what you really want! But if you truly like the grey I would go for it.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interior

Ya know, I was reading all the posts about the "lighter" graphite interior last week before I found out they lost my truck, and when I really looked at the graphite I was kinda of wishing that was what I ordered. So I am happy with this graphite (even more so that it is lighter than some wanted) the only problem is It will take 3 weeks or so to get it here and the other one should have been here by now.

LanceK said:
Keane I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I used to be a Field Manager for Ford Motor and can attest to situations like yours happening. It's impossible to know what really happened in your case, but it does happen occasionally.

Hopefully they can get you something you want. My advice is only get the grey interior if you really want it. Don't let your excitement get the best of you. Wait the extra time to get what you really want! But if you truly like the grey I would go for it.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
keane said:
Well, I ordered a brand new CC 4x4 in December. I know the order went through because my dealer had ordered the same vehicle but a different colour for his inventory so all he had to do was change the colour and the plant confirmed the change.

Now they say the truck is lost. They also say there is no CC 4x4 with off road sparkle red w/sand interior anywhere in Canada. The dealer can't even get an answer if it was made or not, or what happened to the order! I figure somebody (probably Nissan Canada) isn't telling the truth and my truck is being driven by someone else with more clout than my dealer has :-(.

My dealer said he found the exact truck at the plant that has already been made but has the titanium/graphite interior. I said i would take it as I probably should have ordered the dark interior in the first place to hide the dirt from my dog and kids.

They say the plant assigned it to their inventory and it is going to be shipped soon. We shall see...for now I am still walking and pouting!
Hi Keane!

I ordered my Titan LE 4x4 in Dec also and it just came in today! You said that you were from the Sudbury area - exactly where?
I will not be picking up my truck for a few weeks as the lease is not up on my Tundra yet, so they are going to keep it in the show room until then. Damn, I can hardly wait!

Campsmoke :cheers:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From where

campsmoke said:
Hi Keane!

I ordered my Titan LE 4x4 in Dec also and it just came in today! You said that you were from the Sudbury area - exactly where?
I will not be picking up my truck for a few weeks as the lease is not up on my Tundra yet, so they are going to keep it in the show room until then. Damn, I can hardly wait!

New Sudbury to be exact. Where are you from? What dealer did you order from?

There are only a couple in N. Ontario - North Bay, Sudbury, Timmins and the Soo. So, which one? Did you get a deal?

·
Registered
105 Posts
keane said:
New Sudbury to be exact. Where are you from? What dealer did you order from?

There are only a couple in N. Ontario - North Bay, Sudbury, Timmins and the Soo. So, which one? Did you get a deal?
Hi Keane

From North Bay - dealer has an SE 4x4 in stock and an SE Crew Cab, both in Smoke plus mine on the showroom floor! Yeah I got a good deal, which I could not get at the Sudbury Nissan dealer!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
North Bay

campsmoke said:
Hi Keane

From North Bay - dealer has an SE 4x4 in stock and an SE Crew Cab, both in Smoke plus mine on the showroom floor! Yeah I got a good deal, which I could not get at the Sudbury Nissan dealer!

So you bought in North Bay and shopped in Sudbury - or you are from Sudbury?

They have sold 4 in Sudbury - 3 have been delivered to customers - I think all are KC's. Mine should be the 1st CC if I ever get it.

My deal was for $1000 off MSRP which I felt was okay - but not great. But since they only are allotted 1 or 2 a month, I figured that was cool for both of us. I still have to do some dealing on the extra stuff I am going to want - like - tonneau, steps and bed extender. We shall see.

Enjoy your new ride in a couple of weeks! Hopefully I will be too!

·
Registered
105 Posts
keane said:
So you bought in North Bay and shopped in Sudbury - or you are from Sudbury?

They have sold 4 in Sudbury - 3 have been delivered to customers - I think all are KC's. Mine should be the 1st CC if I ever get it.

My deal was for $1000 off MSRP which I felt was okay - but not great. But since they only are allotted 1 or 2 a month, I figured that was cool for both of us. I still have to do some dealing on the extra stuff I am going to want - like - tonneau, steps and bed extender. We shall see.

Enjoy your new ride in a couple of weeks! Hopefully I will be too!
From the "Bay" - shopped in Sudbury cause thats where I test drove - got over $2,000 off MSRP and Tonneau cover will be at dealer cost! LOL
:cheers:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update

They finally figured out where my truck went to - the compound at the plant! It has been there for a month. The reason: it was damaged during assembly. I am glad they didn't send it!

My dealer has confirmed they have the identical truck (except it has the dark interior) I ordered shipping and it should be here max 1 1/2 weeks from now! It took a while because Nissan Canada took it from another dealers inventory and they had to find a replacement truck the other dealer was happy with. That happened today. It seems CC SE 4x4 w/off-road without DVD are pretty scarce up here.

Well, I am going to do some paper work tomorrow so it is already when the truck comes!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
keane said:
They finally figured out where my truck went to - the compound at the plant! It has been there for a month. The reason: it was damaged during assembly. I am glad they didn't send it!

My dealer has confirmed they have the identical truck (except it has the dark interior) I ordered shipping and it should be here max 1 1/2 weeks from now! It took a while because Nissan Canada took it from another dealers inventory and they had to find a replacement truck the other dealer was happy with. That happened today. It seems CC SE 4x4 w/off-road without DVD are pretty scarce up here.

Well, I am going to do some paper work tomorrow so it is already when the truck comes!!
Drove by the dealership today on my way to see a client. they had the SE Crew Cab out front with huge lettering on it, WOW $38,200! That's what it said. Hope you get yours soon!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow $38,200

campsmoke said:
Drove by the dealership today on my way to see a client. they had the SE Crew Cab out front with huge lettering on it, WOW $38,200! That's what it said. Hope you get yours soon!

If you could get a CC 4x4 SE for that price BUY IT!!!!!!!! Trust me, they are not selling a SE for that price. I think if you look closely you will find it is an XE, which LISTS for $38,200. :cheers:

I would have been driving to North Bay today if it wasn't!

·
Registered
105 Posts
keane said:
If you could get a CC 4x4 SE for that price BUY IT!!!!!!!! Trust me, they are not selling a SE for that price. I think if you look closely you will find it is an XE, which LISTS for $38,200. :cheers:

I would have been driving to North Bay today if it wasn't!
Keane

you are sooooo right! I went and checked it out today{while making sure that my truck was still inside the showroom} it is a CC XE as you said. Gee the prices in Canada are high, but then so much more are the comparable models from the big three and they still do not match the Titan's extras! My King Cab LE listed at over $46,000 - no sun-roof no bed extender - no DVD or Nav system either!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts