Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone who was at the Titan picnic at JR's Festival Lake in VA on Sept 20 found a small boxed TV in the middle row of their van, please give Ken a call at 703-494-0612 or 703-681-3085. I thought I was putting it in my friend's Mercury, but it turns out his key fit your Mercury van and I placed it in your van by mistake. Thanks.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
6 Posts
Holly **** dude , thats bad news.. I wish we could help you find this person.. but its very hard to find a car like that + one that fits the keys.

I never thought 1 car had the same key pattern :|
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
WOW maybe you put the TV in the right car and forgot to lock it and sombody came bye and stole the TV.


I think the ability of a key to work in multiple cars is a LOOONG SHOT to say the least. I am not saying it couldn't happent but, come on of all the Mercury Vans in the United States and you find the one that fits your friends key exactly.

I think sombody stole the TV, after you dropped it off.:(

Or the car you put it in, was already open and the key was able to be inserted into the lock and it looked like it worked. hmmmmm... that could happen I guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
That sucks and I hope you get your TV back Sully, but you gotta admit thats a funny way to loose a something. I believe every word of it. The same thing happend to my wifes Grandpa, he walked up to a handa accord that looked alot like his, parked right next to his and unlocked the driver side door and got in. But the key would not start the car, he got back out to ask us for some help and thats when my mother-in-law noticed it was the wrong car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Hope you find the TV. Could it be possible that the other Mercury was not locked when you put the key into it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
You guys look at the date of the post?!? I think that poor guy's tv is long gone and considering the fact that that was his first and only post he probably is also...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
If you have ever watched the show Repo Men:Stealing for a Living, you will see that on some American cars there are as little as 8 different keys to open doors for EVERY car made that year!!!!, especially if it was an older car (you know with one key for the ignition and one for the doors). Not saying this is what happened but a possibility none the less
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Cienfuegos said:
WOW maybe you put the TV in the right car and forgot to lock it and sombody came bye and stole the TV.


I think the ability of a key to work in multiple cars is a LOOONG SHOT to say the least. I am not saying it couldn't happent but, come on of all the Mercury Vans in the United States and you find the one that fits your friends key exactly.

I think sombody stole the TV, after you dropped it off.:(

Or the car you put it in, was already open and the key was able to be inserted into the lock and it looked like it worked. hmmmmm... that could happen I guess
Not highly likely, but the Feds used to tell the manufacturers that they only had to make 1000 different keys per model.
I read a story about a guy that went jogging. We'll call him Bob. When Bob returned from his jog, his Chev truck was gone. Apparently, someone who looked like him had a heart attack on the jogging path. We'll call him Fred. Officials took the keys from Fred's pocket. Fred was not breathing. ( he had no I.D. on his person)
These keys just happened fit the Bob's truck that was nearby, so they drove it to impound. They got Bob's name from the truck registration.
Then they called the Bob's wife to come down to the hospital and identify the body. Apparently Bob and Fred looked similar, and with the puffiness, she thought it was Bob. In the meantime, Bob called home and got no answer, so he called his Sister in law...who told him that his wife was gone to the hospital to see him....so he went there, and walked in on his grieving wife...She was just a little bit surprised, as you can imagine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
And the moral of these stories is...
Leave your TV at home and enjoy the fresh air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Sorry guys, I totaly missed the date of that post. Atleast I got a good story out of it, thanks IMADOGMAN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Titan420 said:
Sorry guys, I totaly missed the date of that post. Atleast I got a good story out of it, thanks IMADOGMAN.

Yep, I agree totally. That was worth it. Thanks IMADOGMAN!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,490 Posts
Now that you mention it, when I was a teen my Dad had
a 1969 Ford Mustang. We later bought a 1973 Mustang,
and the key from one would work the other. What are
the odds of that?

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Titan420 said:
Sorry guys, I totaly missed the date of that post. Atleast I got a good story out of it, thanks IMADOGMAN.
YW Titan420, I wish I could remember the source of that story. As I recall...it was a true story, but lots of other things were coincidental, including the type of clothing that they were both wearing, and also they both had the same color of truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
That's amazing, just think, how many different probabilities had to go just right for that whole mix up to happen the way it did. Also, how often does someone go to the morgue to ID a loved one, then see them walk through the door?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Titan420 said:
That's amazing, just think, how many different probabilities had to go just right for that whole mix up to happen the way it did. Also, how often does someone go to the morgue to ID a loved one, then see them walk through the door?
Well, there was this one time at Band Camp...
...but really...seems like something that you would only see in the movies...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
IMADOGMAN said:
Well, there was this one time at Band Camp...
...but really...seems like something that you would only see in the movies...
True.. But remember, sometimes fact is funnier than fiction.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top