Nissan Titan Forum banner
3K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  UWSkier 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Titan with 58,000 miles, bought new. I planned to keep it a long time, but now having second thoughts due to problems:
56,000 miles - Both rear axle seals leaking -replaced under warranty.
58,000 miles - Transmission cooler line - replaced under warranty
- Oil Cooler - being replaced under warranty, part on order.
(over $500 repair, if not under warranty)
- Power Steering line - needs replacement ($372- not covered
by warranty)
Royal Nissan In Baton Rouge LA quoted me the repair costs and only determined that it was covered under warranty when I asked about it. Considering how common these problems are, they should have known immediately that these were warranty items.

I've never had this many problems on any vehicle within 60,000 miles. (I previously owed Ford Explorer, GMC Yukon, Dodge Ram Pickup) Based on my experience, I will never buy another Nissan, regardless of what people say about Nissan Quality. Anyone have similiar issues?

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 2006 Titan with 58,000 miles, bought new. I planned to keep it a long time, but now having second thoughts due to problems:
56,000 miles - Both rear axle seals leaking -replaced under warranty.
58,000 miles - Transmission cooler line - replaced under warranty
- Oil Cooler - being replaced under warranty, part on order.
(over $500 repair, if not under warranty)
- Power Steering line - needs replacement ($372- not covered
by warranty)
Royal Nissan In Baton Rouge LA quoted me the repair costs and only determined that it was covered under warranty when I asked about it. Considering how common these problems are, they should have known immediately that these were warranty items.

I've never had this many problems on any vehicle within 60,000 miles. (I previously owed Ford Explorer, GMC Yukon, Dodge Ram Pickup) Based on my experience, I will never buy another Nissan, regardless of what people say about Nissan Quality. Anyone have similiar issues?
Sorry about your luck, but did you join just to complain? Sounds like your mind is already made up!

Sure, other people have issues, but for every complaint about a Nissan, I can find you atleast one complaint about any other manufacture!

Reactions: 4mula1fan
#3 ·
Yes, I joined just to complain. And yes, my mind is made up about Nissan. I also realized that I left out one of the problems. Today I read about this: "Nissan also is recalling 419,000 vehicles in the U.S. and 53,000 elsewhere because gas gauges can show fuel left in the tank when it's actually empty."
This happened to me already too, at about 37,000 miles. Fuel gauge said I had a 1/4 tank, but I ran out of gas, had to be towed. I agree that all vehicles have problems. I thought Nissan trucks were better than the US trucks but I was wrong.

#4 · (Edited)
I've had a whole lot more problems with Fords with fewer miles than that on them. As for Dodge, it's about a given to have a gas motor rebuilt every 120k miles. All of your problems have been replaced under warranty and most of those are easy DIY repairs. So yea, get rid of that POS and get a truck that requires Out-of-Pocket expenses instead. Good luck on your shopping.

FWIW, I have a nice F150 that I need to replace a Trans Cooler line on it now. It's for sale. I'll trade ya!!!
:cheers:

#5 ·
sorry about your problems. i had all of those problems plus more and i was thinking about trading it in and get something else. then i decide to start to fix one thing and then something else before i knew it i know a lot more about my truck. i just think of all of it as a learing experience. i love my truck :kiss: i dont think i wanna trade it in for anything ok may be a 2010 pro4X but i dont have any money for it.

#9 ·
I'm not taking it personally at all. It is just a truck and if you dont like it sell it and move on. If you have a question then someone on here will be more than happy to help you. If you just came on here to complain and not try and make your situation any better then why are you here? Your mind is obviously made up that you hate your truck so there's nothing that any of us can do for you. If your looking for someone to agree with you and have sympathy for you then go post your problems on a domestic truck forum.

My 4000 posts is over the last three and a half years and the top poster has over 70,000 posts. This site has been very helpful over the years. There is a lot of really helpful people and information on this forum. Maybe you should actually try it out before you completely give up on your Titan.

#8 ·
Hey, there's Monday & Friday built trucks, and there's mid-week trucks. Sometimes you can tell during a test drive if it's a quality vehicle or not.
Sorry about your bad luck, but you shouldn't let that warp your overall opinion on Nissan. Everyone's had a bad vehicle at some point or another. I had an '87 Silverado and had to replace EVERYTHING you can think of. Still loved it, you know?
Think you'll hate the next vehicle you buy when something needs to be replaced? Nothing is perfect.

Actually, a Honda Spree might hit the spot..

#11 ·
The guy has three posts and owned his Titan since 2006. Most of these new posters are trolls and big three brand owners. Don't feed them, and they might go away.

#17 ·
Nothing like a disappointed troll with lots o problems. Sound like the problem was he bought a ford with a Titan badge on it. Still love my Titan with no problems.:bump:

Also every company has recalls, at least my pedal does not stay stuck to the floor without my foot on it.:teethmast

#19 ·
The problem I have is I do love my truck, but Nissan has done their best to make it difficult. When it runs well it can't be beat. When something fails at 60k miles that should last past 100k miles and I get shuttled to work via courtesy van, I am none too happy with it. It has by far been the most problematic purchased new vehicle I have owned out of 4. My ownership experience has not been as good as my friend with Maxima's and Altima's. However I do respect what the truck does well and the reasons why I chose it over the competition.

FWIW I fail to see what his post count has to do with anything, nor his owning the truck since 2006 or him being a troll. The issues he cites are common here and not very far fetched to believe. That being said I do think is is a little overly worked up about the recall is it is basically a knee jerk reaction to what is going on with Toyota. Other manufacturers are doing the same thing.

Reactions: Disappointed
#20 ·
Sure, the issues are common and creep up over time, but to not seek out online advice after years of owning a vehicle is suspect at the very least.

Reactions: cp.16
#23 ·
Disappointed:

Sorry you've had problems with your truck. We know how frustrating that can be.

Why don't you take up the offers of help with what ails your truck if you have decided to keep it? Lots of folks here with experience that are willing to lend a hand. Read up and don't be afraid to ask. Don't be put off by some of the hostility directed towards you regarding your posts. After all, this is a Nissan Titan Enthusiasts site, frequented by those who are passionate about their truck.

Who knows, maybe most of your problems are behind you and you won't have many more that require dealer repair.

You can choose to worry about future problems that you can't do anything about and may never happen or you can choose to enjoy your truck now and deal with problems if and when they ever do happen.

Either way, I wish you luck and many happy, trouble free miles in your Titan.

#24 ·
I may be showing my age, but I remember the days when you didn't even want to touch a used car or truck with more than 50K-60K miles on it unless you were buying a 500.00 beater. Blue smoke, bald tires, loose suspensions, squeaks and rattles that would keep a baby smiling for days. Now days, the average used car up for sale has at least 60K up to 100+ and they still drive better than grandmas 1976 Nova with 48,000 original miles on it. We have gotten so used to the bar being set so high by Toyota/Honda since the late 80's, that we expect our cars/trucks to last 100K without a single fault. I remember Chevy S-10's that needed new engines and transmissions at 48K and it was guaranteed that they wouldn't make it to 50 no matter how well you maintained them. A single lemon will make weak lemonade, but it still leaves a sour taste to the one who has to suck on it. I feel your pain, and it is too bad that you could not have the majority experience of great quality that most of the posters here have had. I only hope that your next vehicle is up to modern standards and that you find it in your heart to forgive the .2% of lemons that are produced these days.

#26 ·
I am sorry for your recent bad luck!

Many of us here are pretty loyal to our trucks, so you gotta expect a little flack when you only complain. Know what I mean? I guess I have been one of the lucky 04 owners that have had very few issues. I have just had to have the brake recall, A/C fan and the KC wiring harness recall. No other problems!

I wish you a beeter future with the Titan and if you ever have questions, just ask, this site is full of very intelligent people! :cheers:

#28 ·
Honestly, I haven't been thrilled with the number of things I've had fixed on my '06. However, I'm so happy with the truck and love it so much I'm thinking of getting another one. I've got 83k on mine since July '06. Here's what I've had done.

Stereo head unit replaced.
Fuel vaporizer/separator replaced.
Fuel Sending unit replaced.
Two sets of rear axle seals.
Right front wheel bearing replaced.
Leaking front pinion seal replaced.
Replaced front u-joint on front driveshaft.

Of the above, only the front U joint, second set of axle seals, and pinion seal weren't done under warranty. So outside of normal maintenance, the truck has cost me about $450. Not bad for 83k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.