Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm hearing a loud clack from my rear passenger side wheel area whenever I accelerate from a dead stop and whenever I'm breaking from 45 or more. But it only clacks one time when I'm breaking. And it only clacks once when I accelerate from a dead stop. It doesn't do it from a rolling stop. I'm stumped, any ideas??

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no ideas???

·
Registered
978 Posts
does it do it when you apply the brakes backing up?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Could be loose brake pads.

·
Registered
978 Posts
TitanLou said:
Could be loose brake pads.
thats what i'm thinking, if it does it backing up as well. The wife's Odyssey does that, when i took it in to have it looked at the service managers answer was "its a Honda, they do that". BS, poor engineering in my mind.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, looks like the problem may be my flowmaster exhaust system. Looks like all the brakets had rusted and broken off. The exhaust pipes had fallen down and were resting on the lines etc....
Unbelievable, i didn't notice it the dark last night, and until an hour ago was the 1st time I had time to look under in the daytime.

also kman, negative about it doing it when I backed up

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Good I'm not the only one!

My 04 started doin it recently and it is usually only heard as the truck is rolling to a stop, not on any type of acceleration or as the brakes are being applied, usually on a somewhat smooth, yet a slight bit rough pavement. Since I usually carried my utlitrack cleats in the utility box, I thought maybe they had shifted and were vibrating enough to clack around, but when I took them out it still did it.

Then I thought it might be brake pads/shoes, but when it was in the other day for service, I asked them to take a look and they said the brakes looked fine. I assume they may have adjusted the brakes, as I never really heard it again since I got it back from the dealer until this morning (murphy's law of course!) very faintly thought...I've had people in the truck when it has happened and they sorta thought it might be the exhaust maybe, like a loose bracket or something, but also thought the brake pad/shoe might be a viable option too.

I'm just toying with seeing what it might be....might take out my tiedowns since they have metal on them and see if its just creating enough of a vibration to make it sound like something with the truck.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Time for a new exhaust Shawn

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I finally figured out what my clacking sound was....it turned out to be of all things, my trailer hitch.....I can't believe I have gone for several months wondering what the heck it was and turned out to be something as simple as removing the hitch LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts