Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gettin ready to get a cat back system here shortly and want it loud. I know Ive hear that the banks is louder than magnaflow, stillen... etc but is louder than magnaflow and stillens dual systems or just there single systems.Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know that stillen says there dual side exit is louder than the single or the dual straight out. Is the magnaflow gonna be the same way?

·
Registered
322 Posts
rynomx785 said:
Im gettin ready to get a cat back system here shortly and want it loud. I know Ive hear that the banks is louder than magnaflow, stillen... etc but is louder than magnaflow and stillens dual systems or just there single systems.Thanks for the input.
here are 2 vids of true duel with glasspacks.
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/titan4740/?action=view&current=100_0498.flvhttp://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/titan4740/?action=view&current=100_0496.flv

·
Registered
530 Posts
dynamax would probly be the loudest but you would lose a lot of backpressure ....

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive narrowed it down to banks, stillen, or magnaflow. I was just wondering if magnaflow and stillens dual systems were louder than the banks. Also do you guys think the dual system relieve to much back pressure?

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
the Magnaflow is definately QUIETER than the Banks. The Magnaflow keeps the stock Y-pipe so you gain an impressive amount of torque. From what I've read, the Banks greatly reduces your back pressure so you won't gain as much torque but it really opens up your horse power at higher rpms, and it's LOUD. I was gonna get that until I saw the coffee-can-sized 5" tip, not a fan......

·
Registered
682 Posts
banks hands down. and i love the tip. you can laugh at it all you want when its passing you...haha any sound good. it just depends on how loud you want,but banks is definatly the loudest

·
Registered
173 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
banks hands down. and i love the tip. you can laugh at it all you want when its passing you...haha any sound good. it just depends on how loud you want,but banks is definatly the loudest

I agree, Banks is definately the loudest and best sounding exhaust as-of yet. I did a ton of research prior to deciding on a cat-back system(probably because of my OCD...hehe) and the Banks won, hands-down. I've had mine for about 3 months, and until someone comes out with a better exhaust, I'm gonna stick with the Banks. If you're looking for performance, and a manly(yet civil) grumble, the "Monster" is the way to go. Combined with a good CAI, you'll get a chubby everytime you fire it up, not to mention the looks that your truck will get when you step on the gas at a green light. :D

·
Registered
682 Posts
also if your not so sure if you like the tip of the banks, go to the photo gallery and check it out. i think people have snapped some pretty good pics of it.
just another thought

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im getting the Stillen Single exit catback next week. Really nice sound inbetween the Banks and magnaflow. Performance wise same as banks. IMO...
Love the Stillen Sound

Listen to the sounclip in the stillen website:
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=STISSEXH01

:idhit:

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My buddy has the Stillen single side exit on his and sounds really good but IMO isnt loud enough.

·
Registered
168 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
Yeah it's fscking loud. So loud it catches the attention of the popo and, if you're in California, fetches you a 27151A violation. Yeah. Loud.

The $10 ticket + the time it takes to find an officer that'll sign off on it..... it's worth it! :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
timid1 said:
Yeah it's fscking loud. So loud it catches the attention of the popo and, if you're in California, fetches you a 27151A violation. Yeah. Loud.

Agreed...
I live in Surprise(Az) and I get looks all the time by DPS, MCSO and Surprise PD, but apparently no one enforces the "noise" ordinance here. As a former member of the law enforcement community, I can assure you that you won't be "stopped" because of your exhaust. However, if you're not wearing your seat belt, burning rubber at a green light/stop sign, or if your music is too loud, that's another thing. In short, just buy the dam thing and don"t worry about it. It sounds kick a$$ and you'll love every minute of it. I even have some cop friends that get chubby's when they hear it. HEHE

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
my buddy has a hemi with an Aero Turbine 3030 Exhaust setup w/o resonator...that thing is really loud..anyone try it on a titan??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts