Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that there is a loud elec. fan-like noise coming from my Titan. It seems to go on and off- off when I park and let it run a little. I have read threads here talking about an in-cabin filter...could this be the source of the noise? If so can someone post steps to get to this filter?

Has someone else experienced this? I cannot pinpoint the source. Arrrrg!

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is the eletric fan in front of the trans. cooler. you can see it if you look in the lower grill.
its nothing to worry about!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine makes an awful lot of noise too and it is very irritating when trying to hook up a travel trailer by yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sbones said:
It is the eletric fan in front of the trans. cooler. you can see it if you look in the lower grill.
its nothing to worry about!

Even if I've never heard it before? Ok, taking your word for it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
baseballfanz said:
Is it a rattling type noise or just fan noise?
There's a TSB on the condenser fan rattling

It's just a fan noise...a loud fan noise.
Thanks to everyone for the help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My truck is starting to do the same thing. What have you done about the noise or are you just dealing with it. I can help but feel it is a problem rather than a irritating sound. Does it take a new fan to fix and does anyone know how much they cost. These 100+ heat index days doesn't seem like it is cooling to great, but that could be the heat index.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was wondering if anyone ever responded to this? I need to replace my fan. Where can I find a good aftermarket unit and how much should I expect to pay please?
Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts