Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a really loud fan in the lower part of your grill? I will post details over in "Problems". Only comes on when the AC is on #4.

·
Registered
294 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Anybody have a really loud fan in the lower part of your grill? I will post details over in "Problems". Only comes on when the AC is on #4.
Yep, everyone has the fan in front of the radiator/condensor. Now that the heat is here to stay it will come on occasionally to force air through the condensor to keep things cooler.

Karl

·
Registered
727 Posts
It's a high speed "push fan" & very little covering to mask the noise, all the better to work. I suppose you could get a small Hayden or something for $60.00 at Pep Boy's but it probably won't push as well.

·
Registered
514 Posts
FLfinfan said:
It sounds like a big fan, because it is a big fan...

Sorry, inside joke.. when I first got my 4runner (a few years ago) I asked the same question, and that was the answer I got.. I showed it to a co-worker, and we've been joking about that ever since.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Let me rephrase the question. Is your fan so loud that you can't here the engine, when it's running, even when your standing 2 feet from the front of the truck? I have a 40 inch industrial drum fan in my garage that is quieter..., when it's on high. So far the truck only does this when AC is set on #4.

·
Registered
514 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Let me rephrase the question. Is your fan so loud that you can't here the engine, when it's running, even when your standing 2 feet from the front of the truck? I have a 40 inch industrial drum fan in my garage that is quiter..., when it's on high. So far the truck only does this when AC is set on #4.
It's like that on my Tundra when I first start it... lasts for a few minutes, then quits.

·
Registered
901 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Let me rephrase the question. Is your fan so loud that you can't here the engine, when it's running, even when your standing 2 feet from the front of the truck? I have a 40 inch industrial drum fan in my garage that is quiter..., when it's on high. So far the truck only does this when AC is set on #4.
I noticed mine on for the first time yesterday. I had left a couple people in the truck with it running with the A/C on, and went into a store. Came out and heard it. Since the truck had not been moving, the A/C needed more airflow. That fan is really turning some revs, but I have heard the same thing on many vehicles around here. Small direct drive prop fans are noisy. I know the drum fans you are talking about. They are VERY quiet for the amount of air you move, but spin relatively slowly.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, just wanna make sure the truck was ok. Glad to know it's pretty much normal. Whew! I think it might only do that when it's set on "Max AC". If you set it on the little guy with the AC blowing in his face (one above Max AC), and then dial #4 it does not do that with the fan. At least it didn't today.
Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts