Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so when I'm driving sometimes (seems more at night or in the dark with lights on ect) my truck makes this loud ticking, tack tack tack tack tack kinda sound lol. I got my wife to record it last night in the dark not sure but I think it's electrical and A/C or fan related and like a very loud relay or something? anyway here's the clip it's not for vid just to hear the sound.

VIDEO0079.mp4 video by hawaiianbasshead - Photobucket

lmk what you guys think...

Tom

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
its the A/C fan belt. my friend has the same problem on his 2004 nissan titan

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
exhaust leak maybe too it leaks until it gets hot? idk good luck

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exhaust leak maybe too it leaks until it gets hot? idk good luck
no not at all, VERY different from an exhaust leak, it's fan/AC related, noticed my fan only blows 100% power no less no matter what the setting and when I play with the ac/fan it is super easy to replicate.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Gotcha, mine when it was hot outside and I was about 3 hours into driving to Vegas went full blast and it wouldn't stop. Hasn't repeated itself though. How many miles are on your truck?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
ok, so when I'm driving sometimes (seems more at night or in the dark with lights on ect) my truck makes this loud ticking, tack tack tack tack tack kinda sound lol. I got my wife to record it last night in the dark not sure but I think it's electrical and A/C or fan related and like a very loud relay or something? anyway here's the clip it's not for vid just to hear the sound.

VIDEO0079.mp4 video by hawaiianbasshead - Photobucket

lmk what you guys think...

Tom
Tom, you figure this out yet? I have the same sound....seems to be getting worse (more often) No matter how I adjust the controls on the A/C, I can't make it start or stop the tapping. (Wife's rear air on her Expedition is making same sound but it's the temp control actuator...can make it stop by slowly moving the temp knob 3 clicks from coldest setting)

Some how my 10 year old daughter can touch the dash and say "Please stop" and it does...EVERYTIME.. craziest thing ever. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts