Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved here and was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about how much its going to cost me to register it here? I came from cali and they say cali pays 4% and I would still have to pay 5% but is that off of the sales tax or the total value? Does anyone know how that works?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I believe it will run you around $50 - $100. You can call the DMV & ask them. You may do better to NOT call the DMV in Baton Rouge as they may put you on hold for an hour. Zachary, Gonzales, or some other small town in the area may have a DMV office that won't be so busy.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
You will get royally screwed. It's a % of the vehicle's value. Me? Oh I just forked over $1800

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
registration for your truck ??? wow I thot it was crazy for them to jump mine up to $100 a year ! here in Florida 1/2 ton trucks are considered commercial or something so the price goes up for that and you have to get your tag in december...

·
Registered
68 Posts
matthews said:
You will get royally screwed. It's a % of the vehicle's value. Me? Oh I just forked over $1800

when I first bought mine Louisiana wanted 1800 in TTnL fees, compared to 600 in South Dakota. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You're paying La sales tax the 1st time. But, Miss pays it every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts