Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a new 2018 Nissan pro 4x and have 1 major peace.
The back up camera is very poor quality, the image is like looking through the fog.
I spoke to my dealer about it but they thought it was OK.
I finally installed an aftermarket back up system.
It makes the Nissan look pathetic.
Nissan should be ashamed to install such trash.

Registered
Welcome to the forum from Texas !

to be honest i rarely ever look at the back up cam pic in my titan or my Camaro SS... I still just look back and use the mirrors like in the good ol days. 馃槑

Registered
Welcome to the forum from Texas !

to be honest i rarely ever look at the back up cam pic in my titan or my Camaro SS... I still just look back and use the mirrors like in the good ol days.
Damn the Camaro is impossible to see even in front of you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
You might have had a camera that had moisture inside the lens. On both our 2016 Maxima and 2018 Pathfinder the cameras were/are great.

Registered
I agree. It's a garbage picture but I love it because I had to get my truck damn near to the garage wall for it to fit. It's usable when it's clean, but God forbid it gets dirty or wet, it's borderline useless.

Premium Member
My 2017 camera is the same. My wife has a 6 year old Traverse and her camera is HD compared to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
The Titan rear camera is garbage. It consistently looks like it's fogged up on my 2018 Titan. It looks exactly as worse in my 2018 Rogue.

What exactly is this aftermarket camera? Is it a replacement for the current camera or something totally different.

In all honesty...I never or rarely use it. Just use mirrors and look out the back window like the old days.

Registered
The Titan rear camera is garbage. It consistently looks like it's fogged up on my 2018 Titan. It looks exactly as worse in my 2018 Rogue.

What exactly is this aftermarket camera? Is it a replacement for the current camera or something totally different.

In all honesty...I never or rarely use it. Just use mirrors and look out the back window like the old days.
I'm the same way probably 90% of the time but like I said, it's makes me backing into my garage a breeze. And I'm one of those dudes that backs in fucking everywhere if I can so it's nice taking the guess work out of how close I am to another vehicle/wall or something. I had a 05 Ram 1500 before this and I'm still adjusting to the size difference with this Titan so the camera, as shitty as it is, does help.

Registered
I'm the same way probably 90% of the time but like I said, it's makes me backing into my garage a breeze. And I'm one of those dudes that backs in fucking everywhere if I can so it's nice taking the guess work out of how close I am to another vehicle/wall or something. I had a 05 Ram 1500 before this and I'm still adjusting to the size difference with this Titan so the camera, as shitty as it is, does help.
LOL yeah I picked up my daughters friend the other day and after she got in the back of my 2012 Titan SL she said 鈥 Wow this truck is huge I have all kinds of room鈥. Her father just bought a brand new Chevy CC and she said it鈥檚 so small it鈥檚 the short rear door model. Honestly why does Chevy/GMC still make that version of the truth come just stupid either make a full size CC or don鈥檛. Don鈥檛 make a a half arsed CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts