Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to say hello and show some pictures of my Titan. Deep Water SE 4x4, Rockford Fosgate with Captains Chairs. I added the Fog Lights, Hitch and Bed Cover. This truck is the best one I have ever owned by far!! Never thought I would ever want a truck the first time I saw it, but had to have one. Hope it has reliability like the Maximas have had! Hope everyone else is loving their Titan as much as I am!!

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Great Titan and pics, KYTITAN! I really like that bed cover! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
KY what bed cover is that and do you have the utility track underneath on yours? details and info please!

Chris

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bed Cover

CaliforniaTitan said:
KY what bed cover is that and do you have the utility track underneath on yours? details and info please!

Chris
The bed cover is from Checker Products in Benton, KY. Web site www.checkerpro.com. The cover is a zolid fiberglass with an aluminum frame. It locks from the inside and gives a really nice flush look. With the locking tail gate, it gives me a huge trunk to keep all my tools in. It comes off easily, and has two gas shocks to help lift it. It only weighs about 60 pounds so I take mine off all the time. This is the fourth one I have bought from them, I like the low profile look. They can be painted, but come in a gloss black or white. Check out their web site, they have some other neat products available.

·
Registered
493 Posts
omg!!!!!

ive been looking all over for this type of bed cover, i was wondering how come you have bought 4 of these already? also how do they lock, how do they compare w/ snugtop/ gaylord covers in terms of quality...

·
Registered
497 Posts
same question here about quality since im very interisted in buying one soon.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
mytitan said:
ive been looking all over for this type of bed cover, i was wondering how come you have bought 4 of these already? also how do they lock, how do they compare w/ snugtop/ gaylord covers in terms of quality...
I've had four pickup trucks in the last twelve years. A Mazda B4000, A Chevrolet Silverado 1500, A Toyota Tacoma, and now the TITAN. That's why I ahve bought four of them. I had the Mazda the longest, about six years, and about four years after getting the bed cover, the gas shocks were wearing out and I replaced them. The bed cover holds up really well, the first two I had came covered in vinyl which made them easy to keep clean and shiny with armorall. It comes with a 3M weatherstrip to put around the edges of the cover, so it keeps out all the dust and 90 + percent of the water. The excessive spacing around the Titan tailgate was a problem, but I ordered a roll of tailgate weatherstrip from JC Whitney and put it around the sides and bottom. We got two inches of rain here Tuesday and Wednesday, and I got a little rain in from the front corners. The plastic side rails are higher than the front of the bed , so I need a 1/4 inch strip to put across the front to keep the rest of the water out.
Other than me scratching the edges by taking it off so much, I have been pleased with them. So, overall I would give them high marks. I like it better than the other full covers because of the low profile and the light weight. I do a lot of rental property work at night and weekends, and it is really easy to take the cover off, lean it against the garage wall, and off you go. My father-in-law had one of the painted fiberglass ones (ARE I think), and it takes him half an hour to take it off if he needs to haul something big. My cover was $349 dollars plus tax, much cheaper than the others. The shipping weight for the one I put on my Titan was 69 pounds and cost $ 63 via Fedex, and I got it six days after I ordered it. That was only shipping half-way across Kentucky though. Check out the checker products web site to see all they offer. It is www.checkerpro.com. They offer under-cover snap locks, which come standard, but you can also get a set of key locks for the cover. They have some other options on the web site.

I didn't get the utility bed option on my Titan because I bought this truck as is off the dealer lot. They took $2,000 off the sticker, and gave me a good price for my 2002 Tacoma as a trade. The Titan was a Valentine's day present from my wife, she took me up that Saturday and urged me to get it. She hasn't even asked to drive it yet! What a woman!!!!

It would be nice to have the rails in the bed floor, maybe it will be offered by someone aftermarket soon. I put a piece of marine carpet on the bed floor, and cut a 2 x 8 to fit the indentions in the bed sidewalls to keep all my tools at the back of the bed. I've done it this way for years and it works well for me.
I bought the fog lights, the hitch and trailer wiring and the bed cover and put all on myself. I also had the side windows tinted to match the back ones. I am going to get some step rails, but want some that are the same color as the wheels, with black steps. When they start putting out custom ones for the Titan, I'll get some then and have them painted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts