Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad news....I got a flat this morning. On my way to work low air pressure warning light came on and tire went flat. I pulled over changed the flat with the spare and drove to a tire shop to get the flat fix. It was a piece of glass that punctured the tire. Anyway, after I got the tire fixed the warning light is still on. Will the light reset by itself or do I have to mess with the dealer to get them to reset it.

Thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
light will reset by itself

The nifty light will reset by itself when the tire's got 35 pst of air (cold) and have been driving "for a while"

i saw that light when i purposely reduced rear tire pressures to 25 psi, while off roading (i quickly pumped 'em back to 35 psi for the roads)

·
Registered
294 Posts
bg478, Are you driving on the spare now or the tire that was fixed? The spare does not have the tire pressure transmitter like the other 4 tires do so if you're running on it the light would remain on.

Karl

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
karlconnell said:
bg478, Are you driving on the spare now or the tire that was fixed? The spare does not have the tire pressure transmitter like the other 4 tires do so if you're running on it the light would remain on.

Karl

Where is the transmitter located? Why would there not be one in the full size spare? What happens when you need tires can it be damaged when tires are changed....

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
lizardking said:
Where is the transmitter located? Why would there not be one in the full size spare? What happens when you need tires can it be damaged when tires are changed....
I've read in several places that the low tire pressure sensors can be easily knocked off accidentally when the tires are taken off the rim. If you are having tires taken off your rims be sure to tell the shop to be on the lookout for the sensors and to be careful. It would be a good idea to have that info put on the sales ticket and verbally notify the person that will do the actual remounting.

·
Registered
294 Posts
lizardking said:
It's located on the inside of the rim. Anyone working on the tires and rims should be warned that you have a tire pressure monitoring system (most will ask you if you have this system). Not sure why there isn't one on the full size spare but I'm sure there is a legitamate reason.

Karl

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
karlconnell said:
It's located on the inside of the rim. Anyone working on the tires and rims should be warned that you have a tire pressure monitoring system (most will ask you if you have this system). Not sure why there isn't one on the full size spare but I'm sure there is a legitamate reason.

Karl
the system is actually inside the valve stem its a unit all together, and there dam expensive at 80 a piece :jester: i tried to buy extra for my 20s until they told me that i said are you :smoke: something!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
got_titan said:
the system is actually inside the valve stem its a unit all together, and there dam expensive at 80 a piece :jester: i tried to buy extra for my 20s until they told me that i said are you :smoke: something!!!!!!!!!
I just read that some place else as well. I guess that's why the rims come with metal valve stems. $80 bucks though, wow!! Does that mean you can buy one for the spare and it will work as well?

Karl

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow! Watch those valve stems!

Every time I've had my tires changed, the first thing they usually do is rip out the old valve stems. If the transmitters are really located there, that could be an EXPENSIVE :crying: mistake!

RTT

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Colorado said:
Every time I've had my tires changed, the first thing they usually do is rip out the old valve stems. If the transmitters are really located there, that could be an EXPENSIVE :crying: mistake!

RTT
well there definately there so i would tell anyone who messes with your tires to be careful and 80 was what i was quoted from my stealership so im sure they could be bought cheaper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts