Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! It's been a while since I posted on here, and I thought I might share some stuff I did last night to get ready for my family's big "Off-Road Camping Expedition Extravaganza for the 4th" next weekend.

This is pretty simple stuff, mostly just impulse buys, but I'm sure I'll get use out of these some time! We always sort of just "*******-it" when we camp, meaning we're never more than 10 feet from the Titan, so these all have "modern convenience" in mind.

1) I installed a small, weather-proof 12V outlet under the left toolbox in the bed (8$ for outlet, 6$ for 16GA wire, and some plastic conduit). It has a 20A inline fuse up in the engine bay, and I have an inverter, to run household appliances!

2) I broke down and bought some Quick-Fist clamps, for the shovel and axe and everything (you can only see the shovel in the picture). These things are sweet! I highly recommend them! 8$ a pair!!

3) I used to have a pair of rectangular Pro Comp 55W lights mounted under my bumper as backup lights, but have since retired that idea, after I crushed one on a rock a while back. I still had a light left over, though, so I decided to cut into that 16 GA power wire I mentioned earlier, and mount an auxiliary bed light, so I can find all my junk during the wee hours of the morning, for hunting and fishing! The picture doesn't do it any grace, but this thing is BRIGHT! The lights were 30$ a pair, I already had the switch and wire.

4) This is my personal favorite! I always keep a big 7 gallon water container in my bed, even when I'm not camping, just because I'm always out hiking or biking or whatever, and It's nice not to have to worry about refilling at the house all the time. Long story short, I got tired of sliding the big container back and forth across my bed, so I strapped that to the front of the bed, and ran some vinyl tubing and a small ball valve to the back of the bed, for easy access! Yes, it is totally jerry rigged! The container is duct taped to a block of styrofoam, and held in place by bungee cords and ratchet straps, but the gravity feed is surprisingly strong, so I think it will work!

Anyway, that's my update for now!

Catch you guys later!
Graham

Attachments

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
nice mods, I been wanting to do the bed light too, I have some LEDs ready however I want to connect mined to the 3rd light so I can used the OEM switch...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,009 Posts
nice mods, I been wanting to do the bed light too, I have some LEDs ready however I want to connect mined to the 3rd light so I can used the OEM switch...
As long as I think your talking about the cargo lights switch, I have a set of reverse lights wired off that relay. It's right under the dash below the cargo switch. Pull of the plastic below the steering wheel as well as the steel plate, you'll see I think it's 3 relays, I want to say it's the middle relay, but easiest way to check is to put your hand on the top of one and flip the cargo lights on and off, you'll be able to feel which one actually triggers those lights. Best way would be to tap into that relay with another relay to run the bedlights, as well as running power straight from the battery with an inline fuse.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
As long as I think your talking about the cargo lights switch, I have a set of reverse lights wired off that relay. It's right under the dash below the cargo switch. Pull of the plastic below the steering wheel as well as the steel plate, you'll see I think it's 3 relays, I want to say it's the middle relay, but easiest way to check is to put your hand on the top of one and flip the cargo lights on and off, you'll be able to feel which one actually triggers those lights. Best way would be to tap into that relay with another relay to run the bedlights, as well as running power straight from the battery with an inline fuse.
I know warrior54 did something similar too, but he tap into wire under the door seal and made a new hole on the floorboard to run the wire to the back, how did you run yours to the back ?

·
Premium Member
5,009 Posts
I shoved the wire through the grommet that the hood release cable goes through by taping it to a clothes hanger into the engine bay, then fed it down to the frame, directly below the brake booster along the firewall and through the frame rail all the way to the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts