Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am changing out both ball joints on my passenger side and I got the upper balljoint out with no problem. Then when it came time to remove the lower bolt that holds in the lower ball joint to the spindle, it was completely rusted on. The head of the bolt became completely stripped so I cut the nut off with a grinder but the bolt still will not budge. My question is if the spindle is also threaded because the bolt will not budge even when hit with a sledge and punch?

·
Registered
449 Posts
no its not threaded. just a bolt with a nut. I had to air hammer the bolt out on mine. My suggestion is to anti seize the new bolts. I have two brand new oem bolts for sale if your interested. PM me if you are.

Reactions: frakman009

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had to heat mine up pretty good to get those suckers to even think about wanting to move.

Reactions: frakman009

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response guys. I had been hammering it pretty good and they didn't seem like they even wanted to budge. Tomorrow is a new day and more heating and hammering will commence. :bangit:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I soaked mine loose using PB blaster over a few days - and then the air hammer with the punch out tool

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got mine out with a little heat , BFG and a heavy duty punch out tool. It will come out eventually with a little elbow grease. Get a sledge hammer if you trust someone enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts