Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to get the Rough Country lower led light bar kit for my truck but realized it only fits the XD model. Does anyone know why it wont fit the regular Titan. The light bar is only 20 inches wide and the bumper opening is almost 24 inches wide. My next question is why is everyone doing the 20 inch light bar when it looks like a 22 inch would fit a lot better and fill up more space. Has anyone had any luck with the ebay Led light bars or ones off of amazon. They claim to have the same lumens as the more expensive Rough Country.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was going to get the Rough Country lower led light bar kit for my truck but realized it only fits the XD model. Does anyone know why it wont fit the regular Titan. The light bar is only 20 inches wide and the bumper opening is almost 24 inches wide. My next question is why is everyone doing the 20 inch light bar when it looks like a 22 inch would fit a lot better and fill up more space. Has anyone had any luck with the ebay Led light bars or ones off of amazon. They claim to have the same lumens as the more expensive Rough Country.
I went with a Heise LED light in mine. Saw it installed on a brand new Titan at a dealership near my work and asked the service tech what the make and model was. Pulled up the work order on the truck and I was in business. It is 22” and with the mounting bracket, it fills the hole up PERFECTLY! Below is a link to the exact one I am running. Hope this helps!

http://heiseled.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=108

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its holding up great. Love the look of it. Tbh wont really ever use the light but it looks great in the hole in the grille. Some type of light should have been there from the factory I think.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its holding up great. Love the look of it. Tbh wont really ever use the light but it looks great in the hole in the grille. Some type of light should have been there from the factory I think.
Did the mounting bracket line up with the factory plug holes or did you have to drill?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the brackets line up to the holes in the grill so easy install really. Cut the grill out, run the wiring, bolt the light in the factory holes.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is a 20" Curved Light Bar from https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/off-road-led-light-bars-straight-and-curved/20-curved-off-road-led-light-bar-100w-9600-lumens/1909/4453/ the light bar itself is 21.5" and when you include the brackets its 25" so you have to keep the brackets in mind when sizing. Although you can see mine is centered within the void and is actually mounted to the frame not the plastic body which I did not find very strong.
Pic link is broken

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts