Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am having the lift put on at the shop and the owner calls me and says, "Hey Blake the driver side lower control arm has the bolt rusted inside... we have tried cutting and pounding it out but it will not budge." Apparently a torch is a bad idea because it will warp it and ruin the bushing so they are saying it will be $212 for a new one from the dealership. Has anyone else had troubles with this? He said the passenger side is fine and the drivers side would be too minus the stuck bolt... He looked online for aftermarket arms and there are none out there? I know rust and crust could have been an issue on a 2005 but he said he rarely runs into it, more on the Toyotas :)... He seems like a stand up honest guy but it sucks to be set back another $200! Has anyone had this issue on their lower control arms when doing a lift?

·
Registered
855 Posts
same exact problem! we had to cut the bolt to get the LCA off the truck them melt the rubber bushing out and install a new one in its place. we tried a hydrolic pres,air tools,lube everythion with no sucess other than melting it out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
same exact problem! we had to cut the bolt to get the LCA off the truck them melt the rubber bushing out and install a new one in its place. we tried a hydrolic pres,air tools,lube everythion with no sucess other than melting it out.
What are the specs on the bushing? Maybe Energy Suspension has bushings that will fit?

·
Registered
855 Posts
funny story, i bought a LCA from a auto wrecker for 50 bucks one day, i had it sitting in the garage. when we had to melt the old one out we just took the spare LCA and cut the bushing out very carefully and installed it in the LCA on the truck. the reason we couldnt just swap arms is because the spare arm was for the driver side and the arm with the bolt stuck in the bushing was for the passenger side. i couldnt wait for Nissan to order a bushing for me cuz i need my truck asap and the closest Nissan delear is sbout 150miles away.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
funny story, i bought a LCA from a auto wrecker for 50 bucks one day, i had it sitting in the garage. when we had to melt the old one out we just took the spare LCA and cut the bushing out very carefully and installed it in the LCA on the truck. the reason we couldnt just swap arms is because the spare arm was for the driver side and the arm with the bolt stuck in the bushing was for the passenger side. i couldnt wait for Nissan to order a bushing for me cuz i need my truck asap and the closest Nissan delear is sbout 150miles away.
Same issue I'm running into... I googled 2005 Nissan titan lower control arm and found like 3 website that sell replacement ones... Living in Salt Lake City there are 3 huge Nissan dealers so the suspension shop can have one instantly... Only problem is they want $212 for it while the Mevotech replacement online is $147 (no tax and free shipping)....

Main problem is I need my truck and want to drive it tomorrow so I'm thinking I'll have to eat the extra $70 and just get the dang lift put on... Oh well thanks Nissan and your lower control arm! On the plus side... TRU TRAC AND 4.10 GEARS AHH!!!! Should make the little 33's squeal!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Make sure they put anti sieze on the new bolts into the LCa's so this doesnt happen again if u wanna remove the lift or something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts