Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Looking to lower my truck a tad after I get my new wheels and tires on.
I was thinking the set of leafs off Ebay or just some rear shackles to drop it down a little bit.

My question is if I was to drop it down say 3" would I be able to retain and use the stock shock ? Not that I am going to reuse them, but is there a difference in shock hight after you lower it.

Does anyone have the part number for the 5100 series Bilsteins that they are using or are the using this shock with a Lowering kit ?

Or what is the best route to go with as far as lowering kit and shock set up, besides the stockers.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a setup from Greg(PRG) for my 4x4 CC LE. It utilized a coilover in the front (radflo) and a custom set of deavers in the rear with 2wd DR rear shocks. The setup was awesome. It rode extremely well and looked good.

However, i had to pull the kit from my truck and return it back to stock. It's up for sale so let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naa, I traded in my 06 CC LE 4x4 Majestic Blue , for a 07 CC LE 4x4 Galaxy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not to be rude but i dont understand why people would pay more money for a 4x4 and then lower it just buy a 2wd unless u want better traction..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like to have the option of going over the Pass in the winter time with out having to add 100. lbs of sand bags or chains to accomplish that. I am more looking at taking a little bit of the Factory Rake out then lowering the whole truck.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i am in agreement with dakorlord

why do that?

why didnt you just buy an Altima or Maxima if you want a lo riding vehicle
or at the very least a 2 wheel drive?

your kinda defeating the purpose

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rick Guess said:

why do that?

he said why 2 posts ago

·
Registered
682 Posts
i snowboard alot and like the looks of lowered trucks. i was considering lowering mine. it sure is nice tro have 4wd when your up on a mountain and snowing hard as hell. i also cant fit 4 or 5 snowboards in an altima or maxima.

Lower it crazypete! it will look sick!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My truck is looking real Nice with the addition of the new wheels and tires. I am looking to go down in the back at least a little bit. I will get some pics up soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rick Guess said:

why do that?

Ok, I know I'm new on this board, but this is one of my pet peeves, and I just gotta comment. One, do you actually load anything into the back of your truck and haul it, say, heavier than a sack of groceries? 80lb bags of concrete are a b*^ch to load in a tall truck. Two, have you not noticed how your truck handles the road? Maybe not the case with you, but probably 80% of us on here off-road little to none. And finally, and most importantly, it's not your truck, it's his. Many people use 4x4's for plenty of different reasons. :soap:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Rick Guess said:
why do that?

Maybe for this reason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edLnXzAwHVc
I fancy myself a pretty good driver, but I don't think I have the cajones this guy has. You gotta like doing it one handed to shield the sun. That's a frickin' long way down if you get off track. Just look at this car hook up, especially in the helicopter shot at 1:40, talk about a rush!

Sometimes you want the traction of all wheel drive and a low center of gravity is more important than lift/travel/articulation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts