Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked before, but I'm looking at the Toyo Open Country A/T or M/T's, Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor or Cooper Discoverer S/T or STT's. They're for 2006 Titan Le with the stock 18" rims. Use off road occasionally and in alot of snow. Stock 265/70/18 or 275/70/18's in an LT tire, Thanks

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I vote for the cooper STTs. Not sure how they do in snow, but they do excellent in sand and mud. They're also very quiet, they ride nice, they last for a good 40,000 miles and they're pretty cheap too!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just put on Mastercraft Courser AT(Cooper tire company) on nice tire lots of sipes for winter driving I did 315/70R17's for about $750 with a 60K miles rating on them.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yeah they may last even longer than that on a titan. My dad had em on his superduty that he tows a tractor trailer with a pretty big tractor and mini-ex on for like 35,000 then I had em on the titan for like another 5k or 6k miles. Yeah the tires aren't dirt cheap, but consderably cheaper than the Toyo MTs that have a very similar tread pattern.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cooper Discoverer S/T are rated better in snow than the STT by Cooper's own ratings. More of a mud tire. Doesn't make sense why they wouldn't be better in the snow with those deep lugs. :huh: Let me check out the Mastercraft's snow ratings.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I couldn't find much on the Mastercrafts snow rating, but the lugs are deep with pretty big voids. All the lugs are siped and there is a center traction bar that is siped like the dedicated snow tires are. I'm betting it will be pretty good in the snow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Tread depth is greater (not by much) on the Cooper Discoverer S/T 18/32 vs 15.5 on the Mastercraft Courser A/T 2. Might be a little better in snow? I'll have to find a dealer that carries both of them and compare them side by side. Anyone hear anything about the Goodyear Silent Armor's?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The ratings on the Silent Armors have all been good, just worried because my Wrangler SRA's have been so bad!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ended up getting the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos in 265/70/18. Friend of a friend is the manager at a local Firestone shop. Couldn't pass up the deal! :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts