Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my problem is when i hook up my trialer, like last time i went camping my rt turn signal & rt break would not work. now im leaving tonight for a trip and now my rt turn signal & rt break lt works, but now my lt turn & lt break lt wont work. WTF. all lts will turn on when i turn my lts on.please help!

anyone know WTF is going on.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
sounds like a short. try to trace the wires from the connector back to see if the wire is frayed.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
99% of the time it's the trailer, unplug and check the trucks 7 pin connector to make sure it's all good coming out of the truck...This should be the first thing done when having trailer light issues...then you can move on to the trailer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
99% of the issues turned out to be the ground of the light. I've rewired my boat trailers so that all the lights have a common ground. I've also used the TRUCK as the grounding point. Not that it's useful at this point but try checking the groud to the light and make sure you have a good ground coming from the truck to the Trailer. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

·
Registered
76 Posts
SaltyTitan said:
99% of the issues turned out to be the ground of the light. I've rewired my boat trailers so that all the lights have a common ground. I've also used the TRUCK as the grounding point. Not that it's useful at this point but try checking the groud to the light and make sure you have a good ground coming from the truck to the Trailer. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

exactly, but you also might wanna get a test light and check your fuses under the dashboard on driver side and passenger side and under the hood to the right of the tow and light relays.

·
Registered
366 Posts
99% of the time it's the trailer, unplug and check the trucks 7 pin connector to make sure it's all good coming out of the truck...This should be the first thing done when having trailer light issues...then you can move on to the trailer.
This is more likely to happend the the ground being a problem, do you have LED light on the trailer? if not I would also check the bulb, could have burned out if only the brake and turn signal isn't working

·
Registered
76 Posts
try new light bulbs. but you might have a short in the ground wire or somin, but first test the 7 pin connector and let me know if it has fire. remember the tester needs to be ground to the bumper and those pins need to be turned on like hazard lights and headlights for the tester to show fire

·
Registered
76 Posts
and if you need help, PM to call me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts