1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have EVERY intention of showing up for this one! Thinking about showin up Friday night to camp out. I've read about "The Wall" - I need to find this! It sounds like the place to be!

Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan to be there, I will test out the PRG mid-travel kit with shock hoop and longer SAWs.

·
Registered
179 Posts
So I've heard! I wanted to go to the MORE Race so I could scout it out - but I woke up late. :dunno: I heard the smoke was pretty bad from the fire in Big Bear too.

My parents raced a 9 car with La Rana, except for the night race last month, its been about 13 years since I've been out to the races. I vaguely remember the areas, let alone key locations. I was only 12, mind you!

Anyways - I've been anxiously waiting for this race! Readin on another forum Greg pointed me towards, everybody is super excited about the wall. I've seen some shots of trucks and jeeps LAUNCHING and I can't wait to see it in person!

Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
djalex said:
I plan to be there, I will test out the PRG mid-travel kit with shock hoop and longer SAWs.

Haha I can't wait to see it up close! I may "test" my new lift - but its minor compared to yours! I got TC UCAs & SAWs up front with Radflow/ TC Shackles and the deaver leaf pack in the rear. Really tho - I gotta have some will NOT to since this is my daily driver and i really need to be able to make it to work :)

Mike

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
If you dont have a a race suspension and cage do not truck to huck the wall. Its nasty and the landing is real sketch too.

Heres a little vid from last years race.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zpNQSbRp0hU

And on raceday make sure you stay the hell off the course. There is always a few jackasses that drive during the race.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If thats directed to me, Kartman - Oh hell no! LoL My truck might see some minor ****, but again - its a Daily Driver!

I stay off the track during races. Ontop of that, I wont even mess around on a weekend because drivers will likely be testing! Trust me, I know better!

I just want to go to the wall to check it out! I wanna give my suspension a workout, but I dont want to kill my truck!

Mike

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Not directed at anyone particular, just general safety warnings.

And the road into the wall will give it a decent workout. Mellow sandy whoops with good spacing.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I hope that video isn't "the wall" I want to see a pic of this wall. It better be some cool shiz.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Are you disappointed? Kartman had a good video... check out this one too! It's the next vid on the list on his video page too... My hours just got changed from 7pm to 3:30am Mon-Fri so I just might not get to go to the race! Doh! Maybe I'll play hookie on Friday :)

I believe the 1790 (second truck on the video) was the truck that won the cash prize for the Wall. http://youtube.com/watch?v=4dU9M055RlU&mode=related&search=

Mike

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Went out there years ago the night before, plenty of free entertainment from guys jumping their trucks and quads into the night...Bad news is I forget how to get there...

BTW if you don't think Jeeps can't take a beating...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4dU9M055RlU&mode=related&search=

Hooked up with some other Ranger guys and went out there, camped, drank and watched guys wreak their stuff...

·
Registered
179 Posts
LOL Posted the same vid Lou :)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
That is Eric Fillar and yes he won the wall contingency last year. Keep in mind that truck only has 10in front and 12 in rear travel and is limited to a single shock and a mass produced bolt on suspension kit.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
That is Eric Fillar and yes he won the wall contingency last year. Keep in mind that truck only has 10in front and 12 in rear travel and is limited to a single shock and a mass produced bolt on suspension kit.
Pretty impressive isn't it?

I know they're running 9" rear ends, what front ends are the Jeepspeed guys allowed to run?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
loufish said:
Pretty impressive isn't it?

I know they're running 9" rear ends, what front ends are the Jeepspeed guys allowed to run?
Any production kit, no custom stuff. So they retain coilbuckets and SFA. They can have a 2.5 bypass or 3.0 smoothy

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
So now its Lucerne or Chula Vista...I'm soo confused...:huh:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well my plans on showing up are pretty much busted. We're working nights, and all week we've been staying late on overtime. I havent been getting home till 6-7am. Friday will probably be the same.

On the slim chance it isnt.. I still want to get to the wall! Can I get to the wall by following one of the main roads or do I need to take a few turns? I never got a chance to go looking for it this week.

Mike

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Can I get to the wall by following one of the main roads or do I need to take a few turns? I never got a chance to go looking for it this week.
I just can't remember, I think we took off from Camp Rock Rd...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts