Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The incandescent bulbs haven't really developed that much in the 140 years they have existed, while the development rate of LEDs is very rapid, with LED performance being doubled every 36 months, a development rate that is similar to the fast pace of computer development. There is no doubt that the future of automotive lighting belongs to the LEDs. What is LED? LED is short for Light Emitting Diodes. This is a form of transistor, doped with a substrate that emits light when current is applied. The LEDs have a number of advantages over incandescent lighting that are very attractive for automotive use:

- They are very insensitive to vibrations
- They last for the life of the vehicle (does not apply to headlight LEDs yet)
- They can be baked into moisture proof casings to be installed in all kinds of harsh environments
- They light up much quicker than incandescent bulbs
- They are extremely compact
- They can be made to emit different colors
- They run cool
- They give more light per supplied watt than incandescent light bulbs.

All these was combined in LED bulbs, made by Lumen. To read more about this brand and check all featured products, you can visit this page: Lumen Off-Road Light Bars, Day Running Lights & LED Bulbs at CARiD.com
Their high-quality replacement LED bulbs and first-rate sealed off-road lights are designed to upgrade and customize all exterior and interior light sources on your vehicle. The mirroring that the large number of compact transistors within an LED bulb creates is a sparkling, jewel-like effect that's dazzling to the eye, no matter what color light is produced. Their ability to illuminate two-tenths of a second quicker than traditional incandescent bulbs pays dividends that can save your life on the road. Lighting up a fifth of a second faster allows motorists behind your vehicle to see your braking or turning actions quicker. Check all the types of bulbs, available for your vehicle with this link: Nissan Titan LED Lights & Replacement Bulbs at CARiD.com

Also make sure to check the led bulbs comparison at CARiD

What do you think about these LED bulbs?

·
Registered
45 Posts
has no one tried the headlight led's yet?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pollentrix,

Which bulbs are you trying to replace? I have a 2019 Titan and have replaced all the interiors (dome, map, footwell, glovebox), headlight, marker, back tailgate marker light, and the reverse light with LEDs. Be glad to help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just replaced those yesterday. You want to remove the 2 Phillips head screws on tire well, then remove the 2 plastic screws (pull center up with flathead, then remove whole thing), and then you are looking for big circular dust cover. Remove connector clip, unscrew the halogen bulb, and connect your LED.

I went with Sealight 9005 HB3 LEDs. They have built in fan, 6000K (pure white) and 5000 lumens. Paid $40 on Amazon.

Let me know if you need more information.

What kind of 2019 Titan do you have?

·
Registered
2019 Titan pro 4X
18 Posts
i did that but after take the rubber circular cover i saw the back of lightbulb and i disconnected but it has 3 little screws like torque bit, i try to turned counter clockwise and did moved!, the low bean they told me is HID and that one i should leave or buy the brighter HID
Did you know if is a video out there? the only video is about 2018 TITAN AND ITS POOR QUALITY THE GUY DIDNT SHOW HOW TO REPLACED? thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I left my low beams alone because it does the job and is around 6000K for color. As for the halogen high beams, my driver's side was kind of snug in there, so I actually gripped it with small needle nose pliers and slightly turned counterclockwise and it came out. I had zero screws to deal with. Passenger side came out without any issues.

I used the same video to gain access, after that it was easy to know what bulbs were what:

·
Registered
2019 Titan pro 4X
18 Posts
that's the video that doesn't show him turn the lightbulb, only shows the part and the lights after,
i was about to returned them , i will try tomorrow with a sent of needle nose pliers, I have a place her in Jacksonville,FL
called twenty volts and they did my taillights signal lights , and front signal lights replaced with led and they dont hyper flash. the signal in the front are super bright! thanks for taking time and respond!
thanks,
V/R
David

·
Registered
23 Posts
No problem, it should just turn counterclockwise to come out.

For your LED turn signals, do they have built in resistors? Or are they wired with a resistor attached? Just asking because I'm looking for a good red LED 3157K with a built-in resistor for taillight turn signal.

·
Registered
2019 Titan pro 4X
18 Posts
i know they did it in their shop, and they have to removed the headlight, i screw up i should told them to replace all but i was short on $$ , they guaranteed the lights for 3 years, but yes they told me the installed a resistor, if you want tomorrow i will removed the rear and take a pic and I will posted here!. How was the interior replaced light bulbs?
also I'm trying to used this quarantine time to install a set of rock lights underneath the tires and a RC 20" light bat in the front bumper.
thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm good on photo, just waiting for LASFIT brand to make a red LED bulb with built-in resistor like they have for white and Amber ones.

As for interior LEDs, that was best decision I ever made. If something falls on the floor, I can see it now! Attached photos of interior now and some contrast photos of old and new.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts