Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one considered a lunch box locker for the front? since the titan is a rwd power train, wouldn't that mean that if you added a lunch box to the front that it would never lock unless in 4x4 when power is applied ? i know there are several old forms that mention lunch box lockers but i didn't see one mentioning the idea of having one on the front.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Couple of issues with this. First is, I don't know that anyone makes a drop-in "lunchbox" locker for the front diff in the Titan. Second, because the Titan does not have lock-in/lock-out hubs in the front, there is always rotation in the front diff. This might cause binding on tight turns and such with a locker. Probably cause a good cause a good bit of chatter when driving around town, at least.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well dang = loads more research. i see lots off guys on the form mention the lunch box locker and having horrible experiences on the rear yikes.

·
Premium Member
20,463 Posts
At one point ARB made an air locker for the Titan.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
That ARB is, to my knowledge, the only locker for the front diff of the Titan. A lunchbox it is not, by a long shot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are correct ARB does make a front Air locker for the titan for the years 2004-2015.i know alot of guys on here are all about the truetrac but from my understanding it is still not a true diff lock system. my titan does not see to much off road but i am a hunter so i have been in some muddy situations. would be nice to have that extra security . you never know on wma's if them holes have been dug out since last time you where in there.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
It's not a cheap route to go, but a trutrac out back and an arb locker up front would give you what you're wanting. Cost will be about $2k installed, I'm guessing, all-in. If you have the factory e-locker run it til it breaks. I use my T for hunting, and it goes wherever I point it on my northern Alabama mountain deer lease, without complaint.

·
Premium Member
20,463 Posts
The only time I got stuck in my Titan was because I was trying to get stuck. A friend of mine and I had trucks with winches so we took turns getting stuck and getting each other unstuck. Before upgrading the front differential, I would look at what type of tires you have and if they are appropriate for the terrain.

The e-locker came in handy a few times. But having the right tires kept me out of trouble far more than the e-locker ever did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts