Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any real difference between these two? They look almost identical on AA's website. They are about the same price too.

Anyone had experience with either of these? I'm leaning toward the Extang right now.

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
I have the Extang. My boss has the Lund. I got mine (66" bed on CC) at a local autoparts store (AA Auto) when they had it listed in a sales flier one week. It was $279. My boss bought his for a shortbed Dodge truck from a store on eBay (he loves eBay) for $389.

We parked them next to each other to compare. Visibly identical, right down to the location of the sewn-on label on ther right rear corner. The hold-downs are slightly different. He likes his. I like mine. Mine is easier to fasten and remove and I can do it a lot quicker than the Lund.

Basically, I couldn't justify the "Tide" brand name price of the Lund over the Extang since all the features are the same. I have no regrets. Regular use of Tonneau Tonic keeps it flexible and looking good. Save some money. Go with the Extang.

Oh yeah, I have a couple pics in my photo gallery.

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
I forgot to mention, I talked to a knowledgable dealer local to me where I buy lots of goodies for my vehicles. His opinion of the two mimics mine. Both the same, just one not as expensive as the other. The only reason I didn't buy it from him was that he said he couldn't sell it to me for the sale price of AA and still make anything on it. But I've spent plenty of money at his shop, too, so he wasn't upset. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does the Exstang fasten w/ snaps? My current tonneau cover does and 6 or 8 of the snaps have broken. Looking to replace it.

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
No. The Trifecta is a tri-fold. It fastens via clamps to the underside of the bedrail in the front (or to a bracket slid into the utilitrac, if so equipped). The rear mounts similarly, but the clamp is spring-loaded for quick release. When it folds, like a letter, there are snapclamps at the front to hold it all in place if you need 2/3 of your bed open. No snaps. No grommets. Nothing gets permanently attached to your truck. That's the beauty of it. It is secure when on, but comes off easily without any remnants. Check out Extang's website. They have some good pics of it in action.

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your advice Blackbeauty... I also looked at your gallery and that kind of cover is exactly what I want. It looks great on your truck.

I'm gonna go with the Extang. Amazon has it for $299 shipped and I happen to have a $50 GC :D

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
The Engineer said:
thanks for your advice Blackbeauty... I also looked at your gallery and that kind of cover is exactly what I want. It looks great on your truck.

I'm gonna go with the Extang. Amazon has it for $299 shipped and I happen to have a $50 GC :D
That's a great price! You won't be disappointed. I have used my truck to move, twice now. And the cover was great! I folded it up, stored boxes under the front section, and then the tall stuff fit behind. Some loads, I took it off altogether. Some loads were moved in the rain and it was perfectly dry under the cover. It is the BEST accessory I have bought to date. Good luck with it! Always happy to help out a fellow Engineer. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts