Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to figure out what parts I'm finding on my garage floor. I found a plug that was about half an inch across at the head about about a half an inch long, like a plastic bolt. It was dirty, and it had "Nissan" and "M12" on the top of it. Today, I found another one on the floor. Does anyone know what these plugs are, or where they go? It looks like it's an outside part, from the dirt on both. I haven't had time to crawl under the truck to figure out where these are coming from. Anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pieces look like they might be bolt hole covers. The don't seem robust enough to actually hold exterior trim pieces in place.

I'm wondering if maybe these pieces are part of the OEM running boards I have on my Titan. I wanted to make sure they were not mission-critical components.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Maybe from your wheel well plastic liners.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe from your wheel well plastic liners.
I checked the wheel wells, but the Titan uses metal screws to secure the liners. I didn't see anything that looked like those plastic stoppers.

I suspect those pieces came from somewhere under the truck. I'm not sure where, though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You need to look a little harder on the rear liners, there are plastic clips hidden on the fender liner. I just had mine out to install the 5100 shocks, but I think they are a different type.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need to look a little harder on the rear liners, there are plastic clips hidden on the fender liner. I just had mine out to install the 5100 shocks, but I think they are a different type.
I took a flashlight and looked in the wheel wells, but I didn't see anything that looked like those parts. The liners are held in with metal screws.

When I have some time and daylight, I'm going to have to pull out the creeper and look under the truck. I *think* those parts probably cover bolts, possibly related to the step rails, but I can't tell without being able to do a better examination of the underside. The parts themselves are not very robust, so I doubt they secure much, if anything. I was hoping someone on here might have seen those parts before and knew where they belong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts