Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put on my MAG HYTEC rear diff cover and Stilltimes FSB mounts today!

I'll start with the cover, this thing is sweet looking! I almost didn't want to mess it up by installing it! I am digging this cover a bunch!

It was an easy install, drained the oem fluid from the drain plug on the axle housing.

Removed bolts, then popped the cover off. Scraped off all gasket material with a razor blade, then wiped it off.

Installed new cover with reusable gasket and tightened down all the bolts in a cross pattern. Only thing is the bracket did not line up with the holes on the cover so I was only able to use one hole on the bracket...I would like to know what other Titan owners did here with that incase I did it wrong...

Filled with 3.5 qts of Super Tech 75W-140 full synthetic. 3.5 qts put it right in the middle of the high/low lines on the dipstick.

My axle drain plug did have very fine metal shavings on the magnet as seen in photos below:

Stilltime FSB Mounts and Bushings were the highlight of my day to install! These are some badazz swaybar mounts! I could not even get any play out of my swaybar with these installed like I could wit hthe OEM marshmallows! Much better performance wise over OEM. They feel stable and true, I believe I have gotten my grounded feeling back.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Lookin good man. talk about a complete truck.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My installation of the Mag went just about the same including only being able to get one side, the same side, of the bracket attached and having a small amount of junk on the plug. I see you have access to a lift, nice! I had to do mine lying on the ground.

4.5 quarts put me at the top line when checked on the ground after driving around a bit.

The NISMO bar looks great next to the new cover.

I had to rattle-can my axle so it didn't so obviously nasty next to the new cover.

Hector

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My installation of the Mag went just about the same including only being able to get one side, the same side, of the bracket attached and having a small amount of junk on the plug. I see you have access to a lift, nice! I had to do mine lying on the ground.

4.5 quarts put me at the top line when checked on the ground after driving around a bit.

The NISMO bar looks great next to the new cover.

I had to rattle-can my axle so it didn't so obviously nasty next to the new cover.

Hector
Thanks, cool, good to know...i will put it back on the lift tomorrow real quick and check the fluid level, i still have a half a quart left if i need it...

ya i don't know what to do about the bracket...i mean its not going anywhere it is tight but just looks un finished imo...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree but in my case the only person other than me who will see it is my mechanic and he is pretty unfinished looking himself. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Doesn't MAG sell a bracket?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think it might. It is cut at a more severe angle and has less unnecessary meat on the side that will be against the cover.

Kinda pretty. Damn....

·
Registered
352 Posts
GBs can get me in trouble. Lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sounds like a plan. For some reason $30.00 comes to mind but I don't know where I saw that number.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I might be in for that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts