Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new exhaust for my 07 KC and wanted to know your opinion on the Magnaflow Cat-back system. One thing I want to know is if I just put the 18" #12258 on my stock exhaust would I be getting the same kind of performance? Is it worth the extra to go with the full cat-back exhaust? Anyone using the full system right now? I can get it the full system for $450 now free shipping.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think you will get the same performance with just the muffler. I want mine louder and might go with a smaller magnaflow. I first had the muffler added to the stock tail pipe and I had a pretty loud drone. Now with a turn down the drone is mild but the all around sound is deeper.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read a lot about exhausts. Some liked the 18" MF muffler. Some said it was quiet some said it was loud. I guess I would like to know more about the full cat-back system. Is it worth the extra $$$. They have it for the 07 no need to add a Y-pipe. Is the muffler used in the Cat-back system the
18" muffler? Anyone know?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Titanblk07 said:
I've read a lot about exhausts. Some liked the 18" MF muffler. Some said it was quiet some said it was loud. I guess I would like to know more about the full cat-back system. Is it worth the extra $$$. They have it for the 07 no need to add a Y-pipe. Is the muffler used in the Cat-back system the
18" muffler? Anyone know?
Magnaflow uses the 18" in their catback.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've asked the same question.It all depends on what you are after,sound,performance,or alittle of both.I too have an 07 and went with the 14" magnaflow from performance peddler.It was only 68.00 shipped.Have to have it welded on but also ordered a banks tip to put on as i'll cut some of the pipe at the end.I am not looking for extreme loud though,and this advice was given from Randy (RB's Titan) and GR8White.It is going to save me some $$$ and form what i've heard i'll keep my normal back pressure with alittle added sound.Ofcourse everyone is different.Just my .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts