Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing the Magnaflow system, man is this setup sweet!! It's not a true catbaack since it keeps the stock y-pipe, no matter. Installation was a cinch, hard part was getting a sawzall under the truck without jacking it up. The bolts on the rear of the muffler were quite tight, I gave up and just cut the darn thing off. Not too loud unless I want it to be:

Took her out for a test drive and there's quite a difference now in the buttdyno numbers. Noise levels are perfect, a quiet rumble at idle that suggests there's something different underneath to an aggressive growl at high rpms and very little drone at freeway speeds. Cruising rpms are lower with the additional torque too, might have better fuel economy now, not likely to happen though, it's waaay to much fun!:cheers: :teethmast

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Titan1080 said:
Just finished installing the Magnaflow system, man is this setup sweet!! It's not a true catbaack since it keeps the stock y-pipe, no matter. Installation was a cinch, hard part was getting a sawzall under the truck without jacking it up. The bolts on the rear of the muffler were quite tight, I gave up and just cut the darn thing off. Not too loud unless I want it to be:

Took her out for a test drive and there's quite a difference now in the buttdyno numbers. Noise levels are perfect, a quiet rumble at idle that suggests there's something different underneath to an aggressive growl at high rpms and very little drone at freeway speeds. Cruising rpms are lower with the additional torque too, might have better fuel economy now, not likely to happen though, it's waaay to much fun!:cheers: :teethmast
That rumble makes the right fooy heavier, resulting in less mileage, resulting in more fun, more tickets, more days in the doghouse !!!!:crying: :upsidedow

·
Registered
561 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
Looks great, but you've got a blown rear axle seal. Take it to the dealer ASAP! You are leaking lots of rear diff fluid!

Look at the back of your rotor and the inside of the rims:
This may have saved you from getting stranded on the side of the road - Nice catch, Ag!

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up! I noticed that a few days ago, was somewhat dry to the touch so it isn't bad yet, flash made it look pretty bad in the pic. New parts are on the way.

·
Registered
514 Posts
What and where did you buy? Was it everything from the muffler to the tip?
Important one how much ?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Don't be apologetic about it not being a "true" cat back, because they retained the OEM Y pipe. M/F tested the system and found the OEM Y pipe to do so well with their exhaust, they don't replace it on that particular system. M/F has the best Power of all the cat backs on the market. If anyone is offended by you calling it a cat back, just show them your taillights as you leave them behind! :)

Great decision!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Good choice!

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the comments guys! I definitely didn't loose any low end torque, power and torque gains are across the band, having the K&N on probably really helps more now than with the stock exhaust. Ordered the system from 4Wheel Parts by mail and took about a week. The kit gets you the tip integrated onto the aft pipe, the muffler, and a small section of pipe to connect the front of the muffler to the stock pipe. The stock y-pipe is retained, which is probably the reason why i didn't loose any low end torque.

Thanks again for all the heads up about the axle seal, checked the fluid level today and it isn't low enough yet to cause concern, just barely below the fill hole. Got a quart of Mobil 1 in the toolbox to hold me over. Caught this one early!

·
Registered
514 Posts
What is the kit called ? How do I look it up?

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ProjectTitan007 said:
What is the kit called ? How do I look it up?
Just head over to Magnaflow's web site and enter in the vehicle data.

http://www.magnaflow.com/

You can buy it online at just about any website that sells exhuast systems for the Titan.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Should $500 be the going rate on the single outlet system?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
54warrior said:
Should $500 be the going rate on the single outlet system?
That is a bit high, try to find one for around 400ish

I just got my stillen exhaust on and I am definately noticng a big difference in fuel economy, but I also put in 89 octain when after I got to SD and I swear it increased even more so I don't know which is the reason.

usualy I get to San Diego on 1/2 tank and this last trip it took only about 3/8ths of a tank. Maybe I will stick to 89 from now on with this exhaust, I'm currently tracking mileage and then I will swith back to 87 and continue. Better mileage after I romp on it with a new exhaust? Something is up...

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
That is a bit high, try to find one for around 400ish

I looked on Jegs and Summit and both were around $500. It is a completely stainless system, although I see the Stillen is too??? Is the Stillen intake any good? I see they have the combo deal right now.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
the intake looked pretty sweet, I liked it better than AEM but wanted to give the dry filter a shot Plus it was only 1/3rd the price :)

I have heard of people getting magnaflo's for under $400 in fact closer to $300 :) I paid more for my stillen... I was origionaly going to get a mag for $325 I believe it was but they installed the stillen free on stillenday which was nice so I decided to spend the extra cash, although from my understanding they are pretty similar with the mag perhaps being a bit louder?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts