Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asked about the Magnaflow SS exhaust system I installed so thought I would re-post from my build thread in case anyone is interested:

https://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/421163-desert-dawg-build-new-titan-pro-4x.html

From the thread:

I went back to MagnaFlow as it has been my favorite to date on a number of my trucks; Flowmaster tends to drone too much, Gibson is almost too mellow, Full Race doesn't make one for the Titan, and Borla has not come out with anything for the new Gen yet either (I didn't look into Corsa). But the MagnaFlow cat-back system is aggressive sounding at initial start and WOT but mellows out during normal cruising RPMs so it doesn't drone. I love starting the Titan with the remote start while walking into the parking garage and hear it roar to life way on the other side of the garage...lol.

The system (part#19421) is made with 3-inch 409 SS piping so those in the rust belt may want to opt for a 304 SS system. But overall, it sounds great, comes with a polished exhaust tip, and very good quality.

·
Registered
410 Posts
What # muffler do they use on that system?

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Sounds about right for these VK motors. IMO this muffler aint gonna be the best bet if you plan on doing long tube headers (rasp gets real bad real quick from the funky firing order or something science'y). You'll wanna swap it for a Borla muffler and maybe a UQ resonator.

Sounds great for stock replacement system keeping OEM manifolds though. Again, beautiful truck dude.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds about right for these VK motors. IMO this muffler aint gonna be the best bet if you plan on doing long tube headers (rasp gets real bad real quick from the funky firing order or something science'y). You'll wanna swap it for a Borla muffler and maybe a UQ resonator.

Sounds great for stock replacement system keeping OEM manifolds though. Again, beautiful truck dude.
Thanks! Totally agree, would need a more free flowing dual setup if running headers. Since this also my work truck, I don't have headers on my radar although I sure wouldn't mind. :devil:

But for a stock setup, I am very pleased with the sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts