Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

I am looking into putting a Magnaflow muffler on my 05 Titan. I was told to either go with the 12556 or 12559. Does anyone in DFW know where I can get this done for a good price. I live in Keller and have been quoted around 190 (muffler and install). Is that about right, or should I be able to find it cheaper. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ourbaby said:
You going 1 in 1 out?
Yeah... I want to keep the stock pipes and just put in the after market muffler. The 05 is 1 in 1 out. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
IIRC, that is about right. I've seen either the Magnaflow or Flowmaster replacements going for around $200 installed on here in the past. Not a bad price for that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blackbeauty said:
IIRC, that is about right. I've seen either the Magnaflow or Flowmaster replacements going for around $200 installed on here in the past. Not a bad price for that.
Thanks man! Anyone in DFW done this or have anyone to refer that is cheaper. If not, I'll prob just go to this guy. He is down the road from my house. Thanks!
By the way blackbeauty... I see you posts all the time and have always wondered...what is that girl saying?:jester:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I believe survey says!!!!!!!

"Want some?"

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
lol, thats funny BB. O come on B-Ran go with the two out, man it sounds good when I get on it. That price does sound resonable installed.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I believe survey says!!!!!!!

"Want some?"
I wonder if "Pasta" is on the gameboard...:lol: I am no pro at reading lips, but that is what I see. OK, back on topic. A Magnaflow muffler will sound very good for the price. Good luck.:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have an '07, ordered the 22" Magnaflow for $99 delivered. Single in/out 18" should be cheaper I think.

B&B Muffler in Grapevine installed $50 w/o tip, $75 with rolled tip.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tmaxxattack said:
I have an '07, ordered the 22" Magnaflow for $99 delivered. Single in/out 18" should be cheaper I think.

B&B Muffler in Grapevine installed $50 w/o tip, $75 with rolled tip.
Thanks for the info! I'll give them a call. Can I drop your name and who should I ask for? That is a much better price, cause I have found it shipped online for $75. Where did you buy yours? Thanks again

I think "awesome" is on the board?!

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
B-RAN said:
Thanks for the info! I'll give them a call. Can I drop your name and who should I ask for? That is a much better price, cause I have found it shipped online for $75. Where did you buy yours? Thanks again

It could very well be that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
B-RAN said:

Just in case there was a misunderstaning - $99 was for muffler only shipped (the 07 is 2 in / 1 out so it seems to run a bit more.) Install was seperate. So it was $175 with nice, but no name tip. I think the going best rate I've ever seen was $65 for the 18" 1 In/Out not sure if that included delivery or not, so you're pretty close on the muffler.

I was originally quoted $230 by local speedshop. Ordering online is definitely better route.

If you don't have 2* advance, I highly recommend stopping by the Grapevine Lake meet this weekend and getting it done. Well worth the $20-40...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tmaxxattack said:
Just in case there was a misunderstaning - $99 was for muffler only shipped (the 07 is 2 in / 1 out so it seems to run a bit more.) Install was seperate. So it was $175 with nice, but no name tip. I think the going best rate I've ever seen was $65 for the 18" 1 In/Out not sure if that included delivery or not, so you're pretty close on the muffler.

I was originally quoted $230 by local speedshop. Ordering online is definitely better route.

If you don't have 2* advance, I highly recommend stopping by the Grapevine Lake meet this weekend and getting it done. Well worth the $20-40...
Thanks for the info. Is there anyone in Grapevine I should ask for, and can I let them know you sent me? What is the 2* advance? I dont know what that is, sorry if that is a dumb question.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
B-RAN said:
Thanks for the info. Is there anyone in Grapevine I should ask for, and can I let them know you sent me? What is the 2* advance? I dont know what that is, sorry if that is a dumb question.
bumps your timing up =2 degrees. still falls within the factory specifications which is + or -5 degrees so it dont mess w/your warranty. Takes away some stall time makes it fire faster and longer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ourbaby said:
bumps your timing up =2 degrees. still falls within the factory specifications which is + or -5 degrees so it dont mess w/your warranty. Takes away some stall time makes it fire faster and longer.

Thanks for the info! For now... I am going to stick to just changing out the muffler. A little here...little there. Does anyone know the difference or have a recommendation between the 12556 or 15559? Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Contact M&M Muffler in Arlington.
2341 S Cooper St, Arlington, TX - (817) 277-7851
This is where I had my Magnaflow put on. They don't keep Magnaflow in stock but if you call and tell them what you want they can have it next day. I don't remember the pricing details because its been over a year but I think they charged me $100 for the muffler and $25 or $35 to weld it. You can get the muffler cheaper from places like performancepeddler, M&M won't charge extra for labor if you don't buy the parts from them. They also welded a tip on a few months ago for like $10 or $15. Just call them for exact prices. I had called around everywhere and they were by far the cheapest. Everyone else wanted an average of $80 for the labor.
I think the part numbers you mean to ask about is 12256 and 12259. The difference is the 56 has 2.5" inlet/outlet and the 59 has 3" 12256 is the one you want, its what I have on mine and is a direct swap for the stock muffler without any modification.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ttugrad95 said:
Contact M&M Muffler in Arlington.
2341 S Cooper St, Arlington, TX - (817) 277-7851
This is where I had my Magnaflow put on. They don't keep Magnaflow in stock but if you call and tell them what you want they can have it next day. I don't remember the pricing details because its been over a year but I think they charged me $100 for the muffler and $25 or $35 to weld it. You can get the muffler cheaper from places like performancepeddler, M&M won't charge extra for labor if you don't buy the parts from them. They also welded a tip on a few months ago for like $10 or $15. Just call them for exact prices. I had called around everywhere and they were by far the cheapest. Everyone else wanted an average of $80 for the labor.
I think the part numbers you mean to ask about is 12256 and 12259. The difference is the 56 has 2.5" inlet/outlet and the 59 has 3" 12256 is the one you want, its what I have on mine and is a direct swap for the stock muffler without any modification.
Great info! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check performancepeddler.com. I just bought a 3" single in/out #12259 for $70 with free shipping...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
DawgBone said:
Check performancepeddler.com. I just bought a 3" single in/out #12259 for $70 with free shipping...
Thanks, yea I just got mine on the same for 65 free ship #12256 and Jeffrey's Auto in Watauga on 377 put it on for 40.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any one have any suggestions on a tip? Thanks!!
I love the sound of my new Magnaflow muffler!!! Thanks for all the help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts