Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as promised, here is my VERY quick review of my new 22" Magnaflow muffler from MagnaFlowPlus.

I got the muffler within 5 days of placing my order, the process was smooth and easy with the direction of their staff. Went with the 22" on their recommendation as I didn't want the "highway drone" but did want a bit more of a deep-rumble tone and the mpg increase.

Had a local muffler shop do the installation last week and have run about 500 miles since... VERY impressed. It sounds fantastic under load, doesn't drone at all at 70-80 mph (might be quieter than stock) and has increased my mpg by 1.5-2.5 already. I have done a fairly even mix of highway and city driving since adding the muffler, so I can say fairly that the increase in mpg must be across the board.

Overall, great product and great price.

-S

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To answer the questions:

1.) It is not LOUD while under load, but can be heard. Has a nice deep rumble like an "old Detroit V8" -- as a friend put it. It is a very full sound and well rounded, not raspy at all and in my opinion, much more "rumble-like" than stock. As per the sheer volume, even under load it is not overpowering and when you get to about 2200 rpm (at a nice cruising speed, whatever that may be) it gets almost silent, I think quieter than stock. Very impressive really.

2.) See the above answer... I had Magnaflows (dual) on my Altima SE and knew what to expect, but was still blown away. The only time I get any drone at all is under load but at constant speed, like when going up a significant grade (living in WV we have some hills and mountains that rival what I have driven on in the Rockies), but even then it is not obnoxious.

Overall, very happy.

-S

·
Registered
7 Posts
Which muffler did you get? I know 22" but which model number? Also how do you have it exiting? Duals out back, dumped, etc?? Am thinking of getting the same thing for my titan. I have an 06 CC.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dneubauer1029,

Sorry I cannot find the EXACT model number I got (if it differs from the invoice). However, I did copy this from my invoice "Item #: 12588, Description: Magnaflow universal satin stainless muffler 5x11x22in single 3" inlet/outlet and dual 2.5" inlet/outlet". I ordered it by PM'ing the user associated with MagnaflowPlus on this forum.

As per your other question, I have it running the dual-side inlets from the headers and then the single-side outlet to the stock piping in the back. I didn't want to have a bunch of custom piping work done to do dual pipes, didn't have the money right now. But I am sure it would be well worth it as well.

Hope that helps.

-S

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thought I'd sneak my noob a** in here and share a little info. I have this Magnaflow on my truck (#12588) and I love it! I was all about getting the biggest, loudest thing out there but ended up getting this one as I didn't want to drive my wife nuts.

The sound is nice and fat and what I like to call, creamy :) It just sounds good with this truck and won't drive you nuts on the long road trips. I think cruising around town is where you get the sound you want. With the CAI installed the over all burliness of the truck feels complete and it gets loud and mean when you get on it or it just growls around town haha!

Here's a crappy little video I did before I got the CAI installed of me on my way home (the window was slightly cracked). Hope this helps!

YouTube - Inside the cab with Magnaflow 22"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, as promised, here is my VERY quick review of my new 22" Magnaflow muffler from All Exhaust.

I got the muffler within 5 days of placing my order, the process was smooth and easy with the direction of their staff. Went with the 22" on their recommendation as I didn't want the "highway drone" but did want a bit more of a deep-rumble tone and the mpg increase.

Had a local muffler shop do the installation last week and have run about 500 miles since... VERY impressed. It sounds fantastic under load, doesn't drone at all at 70-80 mph (might be quieter than stock) and has increased my mpg by 1.5-2.5 already. I have done a fairly even mix of highway and city driving since adding the muffler, so I can say fairly that the increase in mpg must be across the board.

Overall, great product and great price.

-S
Whatever or whichever is out there I prefer Magnaflow in and out. The sound is just so awesome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts