Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had the magnaflow muffler swap completed about a month ago. Love the sound (except for the drone around 1700-1900rpm), however the reason for this post is that I'm wondering if its normal to hear a strange clicking/tapping sound on hard acceleration (heard easiest when near walls to get the sound reflection). The sound is best described as a playing card on the spoke of a bicycle. Not sure if this was normal for this swap or if there's something wrong with the muffler that was installed.

I have a 2014 PRO-4X, magnaflow swap, Airraid intake, Bullydog: 2* advance running 87 tune.

Hope someone can share some insight. Thank you much!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have had that on my 07 with JBA muffler. It's been a while since I have heard anything about it though. I believe it was a very common issue with no real fix.

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
Very common, at least it is with the 18" Magnaflow swapped in for the OEM. The "card in spokes" is exactly how we've described it. A.K.A. CIS.

Reactions: jpv240

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh...I could never figure out "CIS" in all the posts haha. Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated! I was gonna head back to the muffler shop to complain I had a defective muffler lol. You've saved me a trip!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just got did a muffler swap with the Borla 40348. I like it so far, although I've not had it long. I'd consider something like that over the Magnaflow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts