Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much of a difference a magnaflow muffler made over the flowmaster. I have a flowmaster 40 series right now. Is the money for muffler and swap worth the performance?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
The ?? is....... will it sound better and peform better at the same time??? My FM has a BAD CIS in the morning and I hate it. But when its warm it sounds great, untill I smash it!!!!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
The ?? is....... will it sound better and peform better at the same time??? My FM has a BAD CIS in the morning and I hate it. But when its warm it sounds great, untill I smash it!!!!!!
whats CIS?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Reactions: LVTAP

·
Registered
85 Posts
I run Magnaflow, I love the racey sound.However I have my truck looking like more of a race truck, I think. My brother-in-law runs Flowmaster and it wakes up the hood. So freaking loud and all Flowmaster sounds the same to me. Flowmaster is the fall back of exhaust.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not sure of this will work from my phone, but here's a video I made comparing them on mine...and yes, magnaflow does make a noticeable power difference over flowmaster..not much, but enough to feel it and worth around two tenths in the 1/4 mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just went from banks to flowmaster and I was unhappy at first but I got 3.5 tips and I love it now.

I also talked to the exhaust shop guy and he said they all flow the same. Again this is just what he said. He said there is no considerable difference. Now maybe some of these guys that have done tests know more, so yeah just lettin ya know

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just went from banks to flowmaster and I was unhappy at first but I got 3.5 tips and I love it now.

I also talked to the exhaust shop guy and he said they all flow the same. Again this is just what he said. He said there is no considerable difference. Now maybe some of these guys that have done tests know more, so yeah just lettin ya know
Your Exhaust guy is an idiot. A straight through muffler flows infinately better than a baffled muffler. A magnaflow swap gives you 8hp and 14trq dyno proven. Flowmaster's are deeper sounding and actually sound better than magnaflow IMO but you might get 5hp 5trq with a flowmaster swap. Baffled mufflers like flowmaster are almost as restrictive as a factory muffler that is also chambered and baffled.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have a FM super 40 and I really didnt notice a difference in performance but I didnt really have my truck for long enough to get a real feel for it before I put the muffler on. I love the way it sounds though and I dont think I would be happy with the maggy even with the performance gain just because of the
CIS that they are known for. I'll take the deep tone of my FM anyday

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the Flowmaster sounds good at idle and low RPM's but at WOT it sounds awful. I've decided to try the Magnaflow. I'm just trying to find an exhaust I like. I hate how Chevy's and Dodges can throw on a FM super 40 and sound amazing. Thanks for the replys and help.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Just changing from flow to maggy will give you .2 in the 1/4 mile. I gained .4 with maggy and flowmaster Y from stock y and flowmaster muffler.

Reactions: Southside1983

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Absolutely worth it. I gained .2 or .3 from fm to maggy. The fm flows 86 cfm (cubic ft per minute) of air as to where the maggy flows 160, almost double. IMO my fm did sound better but ill take the performance over the little sound diff any day!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
What wouls stright pipes do to the peformance of the titan????

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Im going to get 2.25 with 3" tips exit before the rear tires in both sides. Is that KILLER enough?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dude that's tight I hope it all goes smooth.

And yeah like I said I don't know that's just what he said. So obviously the magnaflow is faster. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
it only $100 bucks so we will see.
I will post pics and a vid. before I take it off if i dont like it .

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
What wouls stright pipes do to the peformance of the titan????
No restrictions are the best setup if you could stand the noise. My cutout is .08 faster than running any muffler. Ill run one after the headers go on:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts