Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the passenger side tiw mirror is magnified. I'll have to get used to it. Why are they magnified?
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I familiar with objects being closer than they appear. However the passenger side magnifies the image making objects actually appear to be "closer" than they are. A Honda Civic looks as big as a Chevy Impala. It is nice to be able to actually see two or, three vehicles behind me.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
The top mirror is much closer to a flat mirror in the tow mirrors. If you mean the image is larger than the blind spot mirror below it, it is because that is a wide-angle convex mirror and everything appears smaller. Compare the image of your upper mirror pane from the driver's side to the passenger side and you will see there is no magnification (or that the brand of mirror you bought is slightly flawed in having some, perhaps?).

Reactions: Ecnar

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the drivers side seems normal other than the distance from the curb. It is an aftermarket mirror. They are Trail Ridge Tow Mirrors. I'll contact the company out of curiosity. It's my first set of Tow Mirrors. Perhaps I just need to get used to the bigger mirror.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts