Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4x in Baja Storm
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking online for the correct washers for the differentials and xfer case and am coming up empty handed. It seems there is no diagram anywhere showing the drain plugs/fill plugs along with their washer/gasket part numbers. Weird. I have an xterra and can find all of that on places like courtesy parts etc etc. Does anyone have a link to something showing the nissan part numbers for these items? I even tried 2017 models of titan and same thing....

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4x in Baja Storm
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so looking online-

i found that the rear diff uses the same plug part number for drain and fill and it's just called a cover plug. Seems there is no washer needed. part number is 38351F.
i found the same for the front. part number is 38551F and same lack of a washer.

torque for rear plugs is 24 ftlbs.
torque for front diff plugs is 24 ftlbs

for xfer case-

seems that you just use a sealant on the threads. called Hylomar 102 silicone or equivalent from the FSM- no washers.

Torque is 15 ftlbs for drain and fill plugs.

interesting.

This is for my 2020 best i can tell. may or may not be for your years. There are some differences online between LWB and MWB- whatever that is.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I can't speak for the drain plug on the T-Case, but the diff plugs are tapered face pipe plugs, more or less, and they mate with a tapered hole end, to seal. No washer required.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i found something not quite as nice that i referenced and this seems to match what i found. It's a shame the dealer i used online didn't have the drain plugs or fill plugs listed.......

so no washers needed at all for any diffs or transfer cases it seems?
i don't see them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts