Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new here. ive always been a fan of nissan's my last car was a maxima and i can't have a vehicle without dumping lots of money modifying it to go fast! the nissan titan has always caught my attention and i think its time for a truck. they are pretty fast stock but i want it faster. Im having a hard time finding drastic performance enhancing products such as a turbo or supercharger kit. does anyone know where i can get one and which would be better with the titan?

secondly, the supercharger i put on my maxima did ALOT for its performance. huge difference. what was the quarter mile difference for any of you who have gotten a forced induction kit on your titan?

i plan on getting all new exhaust (headers, cats..)
some form of forced induction (turbo, or supercharger)
ecu mods (tuner, chips, ect..)
NO NOS! it's bad for the engine.
better Grounding kit

any more performance enhancing parts?

what have you guys done to your titans and whats the dyno, or quarter mile times, 0-60?

i want to make a fast titan! if money wasnt an option what would you put into ur titan to make it haul some serious butt.

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
my build if i was rich lol!!

would go with with either doug thorley headers or nismo lt's

get some high flow cats with a nismo catback exhaust

you deff want UPREV for your tune!

there are 2 turbos in the process of being fabbed up! sts turbo by relentless rpm and mychael's

stillen offers a S/C but many ppl have had problems with em

you deff want a tranny build either from IPT or one of the other various companies

and if your a drag junkie buy some d/r's lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome! that's the stuff i wanna know about! i defiantly love headers and high flow exhaust! it did wonders for the sound and performance for my maxima. so what about the tranny build? whats goes into that and what does it do? i have never rebuilt a transmission for speed before. is it just from durability or different gearing? and if its for gearing what ratio or gearing should i look into?

thanks again.. after i buy my titan im selling my 06 Yamaha R1 and puttin all the money i get into hP goodies! :bump:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
*cough* tru trac *cough*

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey im new here. ive always been a fan of nissan's my last car was a maxima and i can't have a vehicle without dumping lots of money modifying it to go fast! the nissan titan has always caught my attention and i think its time for a truck. they are pretty fast stock but i want it faster. Im having a hard time finding drastic performance enhancing products such as a turbo or supercharger kit. does anyone know where i can get one and which would be better with the titan?

secondly, the supercharger i put on my maxima did ALOT for its performance. huge difference. what was the quarter mile difference for any of you who have gotten a forced induction kit on your titan?

better Grounding kit

what have you guys done to your titans and whats the dyno, or quarter mile times, 0-60?

i want to make a fast titan! if money wasnt an option what would you put into ur titan to make it haul some serious butt.
<sigh> I'm sorry, Not to bash or anything. But, another person who wants to get into the deep dark world of NA-T conversion when he doesn't know the difference between NOS ( a company) and Nitrous or Spray as its commonly referred to by people who are more familiar with it. NA-T conversion is not for the faint of heart. there are two types of people who will dive into this kind of modding. People who Love it, learn it, know it, do it themselves and people who simply want to be a cool kid and pay through the nose for someone else to do it. When i started my NA-T project (my old IS300). I expected to slap on a kit for $4500 and woohooo let the good times roll. The reality of it is that after well over a year of tinkering and playing I finally got it running right to the tune of over $8000 and I did most the work my self. Mind you this was an entry level setup running a measly 7psi. No tranny work involved. Either way. Good luck. Have fun. I suggest researching till you get carpel tunnel before you embark on this adventure. Unless youre just stupid rich and can pay to have a professional do it all. In that case... Skip the Titan and go buy a GTR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol well i have been a diesel mechanic for 4 years, and i know more about putting cars and trucks together then almost anybody else i know. i am on this site cause there are literally thousands of aftermarket companies making the same crap and through experience i know each one affects the vehicle differently. now the nissan is a new project for me and i don't know which aftermarket parts work better on this specific model so this is why i've posted questions in a very vague and broad topic. my angle of attack is to act like i don't know a thing because by letting people know i am knowledgeable in the mechanics of a vehicle i may have missed something that otherwise would have been said to someone who needs a detailed lesson. im not a guru and although i know alot, more then most, i don't know it all.

secondly Mr. Lexus, the passion for working on cars is acquired through modifying your first car... don't discourage people by "<sigh>" -ing at them and categorizing them and "another one". if everyone had that attitude toward people who are interested in learning about their vehicles the world of aftermarket modding would fail. it takes that first mod to trap someone in this passion.

so again back on topic. im looking for the BEST aftermarket parts and configurations specified for the Nissan Titan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yes. i know NOS is a company, i've also gradated college with chemistry under my belt. i know the difference. its like saying hand me the ziplock instead of saying hand me the bag that seals at the top. zoplock is a company and also is the most commonly referred to word for that type of bag, and it gets the point across.

I said NOS because i didn't feel like extending to the word NITROUS and because everyone knows what im saying when i say NOS... dude get off your high horse. lol!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Its not discouragement against modding. Its trying to get people especially young people on a budget to understand what it really takes to build a properly running forced induction vehicle. How much down time is normally associated with it. what the real costs involved are. Its really not something to get into on your daily driver. Its a lot of work , a lot of fun, and a lot of pain. Ive been through it several times. Just not something your average tinkerer should get into without knowing what it really takes. I just want to present the reality of it. You don't just slap it on like an intake or exhaust and go race your buddies.

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
for info on the transmission you would want to talk to toomnymods

also like sumair said trutrac is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Its not discouragement against modding. Its trying to get people especially young people on a budget to understand what it really takes to build a properly running forced induction vehicle. How much down time is normally associated with it. what the real costs involved are. Its really not something to get into on your daily driver. Its a lot of work , a lot of fun, and a lot of pain. Ive been through it several times. Just not something your average tinkerer should get into without knowing what it really takes. I just want to present the reality of it. You don't just slap it on like an intake or exhaust and go race your buddies.
I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k, i agree as well... but im not going to be cramming anything more then 10 psi down its throttle body and again NO NOS... NO2, nitrous, just cause i want it to be my daily driver but dont wanna be in my shop every weekend like i was with my 68 chevy SS... *RIP*.. :crying:

especially since this IS an import made in the 2000's i don't like sitting at my computer with ripped off nissan software having a computer tell me whats wrong like with my maxima lol!! i like to wrench, not point and click.

im honestly not looking to build another hotrod out of an import truck, just something to settle me in my seat when i hit the throttle and watch the ricer in my side mirror get smaller and smaller..... and smaller.... haha!!

i admit it! im a speed junky.. ive had fast cars, fast motorcycles!, and now i want a fast truck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
correction... daily driver till gas prices go back up.. then it will be like.. HEY, lets take the truck! days..

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Welcome to TitanTalk.

Performance Parts that I assume you want to take to the track...

1. 2.25" piping on an exhaust.
2. A good CAI
3. Headers-go with Nismo for their Tri-Pipe configuration and get them coated inside and out.
4. An IPT Transmission to the tune of about $6k.
5. A Supercharger or Turbocharger. Either way, another $7k
6. Trutrac
7. UpRev tuned to provide you with a custom map
8. Replace your stock tires with something that is lightweight.
9. Stiffen your rear leafs to avoid too much flex.
10. Stillen b-pipes with their cats welded and coated on...

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
just copy my mods and you should be in the high 12's n/a
add in a turbo kit and you could be flirting with 11's provided you have a built tranny, slicks, and a tru-trac differential

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
ya...toomny has got a sick set up...copy his and you will be money..

·
Registered
2,986 Posts

better Grounding kit

Get the 6.0 stroker motor with cams and twin turbos from GT Motorsports. Get the fully built tranny from IPT and the PML tranny pan. Beef up the rear end.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts