Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find anything in the search for this. Does anyone know if its possible to make it where whatever is playing on the factory dvd player in the back can be played on the navigation screen at the same time?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Whats going on man! I asked this question awhile back. Short awnser is that you will need to get a module to tap into the back of the nav screen. This module then will plug inline with the factory nav but could also have to inputs that can be switch back and forth for either dvd or back up camera or what ever you wann plug in. If I knew how to link threads I would. There was a great write up on an Armada forum about how to do this. POPS was the one that showed me the thread. The product that most guys use (i think) is call TV&NAV2GO. Check it out and lemme know if you have questions. I looked into it around christmas but decided to hold off an pulling the trigger. I needed BIGGER tires instead! haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I orderd one called Navtool(Same as nav2go) For installing a back up camera to my navigation screen. I have the technology package so I'm also wanting to connect my rear DVD player up so i can watch on my navigation screen as well. I'm just unsure of which wire's it is I'm supposed to splice in to.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Check out this thread I had before......Playing OEM DVD on Nav screen........

Also search google as there was a guy that did it on a 05 armada and had a real good write up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll look it up thanks for the push in the right direction.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check out this thread I had before......Playing OEM DVD on Nav screen........

Also search google as there was a guy that did it on a 05 armada and had a real good write up.
can you please re-post with the link... thank you

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
can you please re-post with the link... thank you
sorry reviving this thread because I need this same info for my pops

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dpeteland, did you get this hooked up? I've been looking into doing the same thing. I'm wondering how much this mod would cost and how successful people have been in getting it done.

·
Premium Member
58,287 Posts
I'd be happy if I could just get Sirius to display more than 8 letters for the artist or song. It does it with an ipod. Every once in a while Sirius will display up to 32 letters, but as soon as I turn the ignition off it goes back to the 8 letter format.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I've done it also with the TV&NAV2Go.... Check my audio install thread.

TV&NAV2Go

NavTool has something similar:

NAVTool

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Dpeteland, did you get this hooked up? I've been looking into doing the same thing. I'm wondering how much this mod would cost and how successful people have been in getting it done.
I have not tried yet, my father has t had the time to work on it with me, I'd say I'd just go for it, but it his car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks BB! Bout how much did you wrap up in this Mod? $200 to $300? I'm definitely thinking this will be my next weekend project.

Quartz, I'm having the same annoyance/issue...I have factory Nav and XM radio...When the Nav is on, it displays "XM-98" (for channel 98) at the bottom of the screen. I've been trying for the last day or so to change that to the title of the station (Blue Collar Comedy) or the Artist...I CANT FIGURE IT OUT! I feel dumb as hell. Anyone know how to change the display mode? The owners manual lays out a way by pushing "the audio button to get into display mode" but that ain't workin'...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
The mod was wrapped into a massive audio install... I also installed the backup camera at the same time. So pulling the cost out isn't really feasible. I will say that I found the TV&NAV2Go unit used from another forum member for $125. They list for $225, I believe. Check the "For Sale" sections and also eBay for deals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts