Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go to the Raceway in Shreveport. Im going to race my truck, and 2 more ppl from my town are going and racing. I am just kind of wondering what to expect. I have done quite a bit of racing on the street but its always from a 25 mph roll and stuff. I took all my speaker box and stuff out, and im putting my stocks back on tommorrow. Is there any tips anybody can give me?? All I have is a Magnaflow Exhaust.. Is there any trucks I should look for to race. I have beaten like alot of fords around here, and a stock SS. I am just wondering like whether I just PUNCH It, or easeeeee into it to avoid burning out or what. this will definitely be a learning experience.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
there is a sticky in the performance section on how too. look there first. you will probably get some wheelspin especially if you do not have the truetrack. you can try once with a mash and go and see how that works. if too much wheel spin then stall around 2000rpm. dont stall untill you see the first amber or the tq managment seems to kill the power it seeems like. do not touch the water and burnouts are not necissary, i just spin em for a second to get any debris off (the stock rubber gets hard not sticky when heated up). Turn off AC!! the water it drips and power it sucks will hurt you, or piss of a 9 second guy with slicks. keep in D and no tow haul button. have fun! Oh and get video!!!
Heres me picking on a chipped duramax diesel.
http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p36/Leadsled124/?action=view&current=e265421a.flv

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot, I read both and it really helped. Im excited about it but also nervous at the same time. I am mainly afraid that my burnouts are going to be way to much with my stock tires. Especially until I get used to it!!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
nissane2w said:
Thanks alot, I read both and it really helped. Im excited about it but also nervous at the same time. I am mainly afraid that my burnouts are going to be way to much with my stock tires. Especially until I get used to it!!
Leave on the third yellow bulb unless they run a pro tree but I doubt it so I won't go there. If you focus on the center of the third yellow bulb on a standard tree and leave when it lights, you should get pretty good reaction times. Power brake to between 1500 and 2000 RPM and roll into the throttle and that should give you a good jump on most of the competition because most of them will probably leave on green and you'll already be gone, lol. Have fun, win or loose, it's just a race and you drive a pig on wheels. See you at the races.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Papa_D said:
Leave on the third yellow bulb unless they run a pro tree but I doubt it so I won't go there. If you focus on the center of the third yellow bulb on a standard tree and leave when it lights, you should get pretty good reaction times.
Oh ya forgot that one its an important one considering the delay from go pedal to forward motion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts