Nissan Titan Forum banner

making plastic look like new?

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Nightstalker 6 
#1 ·
just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about making some faded plastic on the outside of the truck look new again, or at least help the faded look?? any products or procedures would be helpful!

#2 ·
Everyone bedlines those parts with rustolium bedliner, I've got to do mine as well.

#3 ·
Seconded on the bedliner. Use Rustoleum though because it adheres to plastic the best and is the least textured, so it looks like the factory textured plastic. There's a link in my sig to when I did my cowl with before and after pictures.

#4 ·
And if you don't want to bedline your plastic, you can use Mother's back to black. It stays on for about 3-4 weeks. But I am tired of always doing that, so I too am going to use the bedliner on the wiper cowl first and maybe the mirrors. Did anyone else use it on the BT mirrors? I don't want the bedliner to stand out too much, but I have a few scratches on them from going through a toll both. ******* narrow *** lanes.

#5 ·
Try Adams In and Out spray. Pretty rad stuff

#6 ·
#7 ·
1st and only suggestion is to do a search...2 posts is lazy...nothing personal but there are plenty of "how to" articles here

#11 ·
skyboi...sorry i have only 2 post...I recently bought my titan; HAVE done research on some products, and really didn't know which one was the best...SO I came to a forum with other titan owners to ask them...I apologize, I will try and take time away from my job (teacher and coach) and my family to get my posts up around 1000 or so...nothing personal

#8 ·
I just sprayed my rear bumper plastic inserts with Rust-O-Leum black plastic paint and they look like new again.

#9 ·
Like skyboi said, first do some research of all the options in front of you, you will be surprised to see alot of info and products to help with the black plastic fading like crazy. My suggestion would be the bedliner as well. Its quick and very easy to do. You can pull off the parts to be sprayed or mask away before the spray.

#10 ·
I use turtle wax ice.Its wax but you can use it on plastic works great.

#13 ·
believe it or not, meninges hot tire shine works like a dream.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.