Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just opened a notice from Nissan stating that those with cracked exhaust manifolds, that were denied the 8 year 80K mile emission warranty, even though the catalytic converters are attached to the exhaust manifolds, would be reimbursed.

This affects those Titans that were past their powertrain 5 year 60K mile warranty, but should have been covered under the emissions warranty, but some dealers were not covering this.

Those covered by the powertrain warranty still, also should have been covered. [Mine was covered by the 100K mile Gold preferred extended warranty at 93K miles].

This could mean several hundred dollars to some of you that had previously been burned by a dealer.

Details at:
nissanassist.com .......... 1-800-867-7669

[There's a .pdf claim form at the site].

Manifold Catalyst Program Details
WARRANTY NOTIFICATION

Dear Nissan Titan or Armada Owner:

Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. With that in mind, Nissan is contacting you regarding potential confusion over the warranty coverage of the manifold catalyst.

2004-2007 Model Year Titan or Armada vehicles were sold with a Warranty Information Booklet that correctly indicated that the catalytic converters were covered for 8 years / 80K miles, whichever occurred first. However, these vehicles are equipped with a one-piece manifold catalyst in which the exhaust manifold (typically covered under a 5 year / 60k mile powertrain warranty) and the front catalyst are one part. In the event that repairs were made to your vehicle involving warrantable defects in materials or workmanship in the manifold catalyst, there is the possibility that any such warranty claim could have been coded incorrectly, leading to manifold repairs being covered only during the 5 year / 60K mile powertrain warranty instead of the 8 year / 80K mile emission warranty.

If you have previously paid to have your manifold catalyst replaced prior to the emission warranty coverage expiration, you may be eligible for reimbursement of the related expense.

Complete information and instructions including a reimbursement request form is available at www.nissanassist.com. You may also contact Nissan via a dedicated toll free number at 1- 800-867-7669.

The mailing address for this campaign is as follows:
National Consumer Affairs Department,
Nissan North America, Inc.,
P.O. Box 677
Amherst, Ohio 44001

Thank you for your cooperation. We are indeed sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Good to know. I had my replaced under warranty on my KC. Now my Wifes CC has cracked mani's. I have a nice list of repairs that is covered under the gold preffered for Nissan, including the crappy radiator crap.

·
Registered
313 Posts
How do you get on a mailing list for this kind of stuff from Nissan???? I went to the website and registered our Murano and my T, but have never gotten anything from Nissan?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Perhaps motivated by the govt. and/or a lawyer.
No doubt. If it had been about corporate pride or customer loyalty they would have made their exhaust manifolds a permanent warrantied item for cracking, as there is an obvious design issue. A recall would be good but some probably will never crack, so a permanent lifetime warranty on it, and the spider gears in the rear differential seem to be fair. I know there are many that will never buy a Nissan again because of their f' the customer attitude when it comes to issues.

How do you get on a mailing list for this kind of stuff from Nissan???? I went to the website and registered our Murano and my T, but have never gotten anything from Nissan?
Try calling them and ask them, (yep, says to in their FAQ). You might want to go out and get the VIN number off the Titan and jot it down before you call them.

Nissan Consumer Affairs
PO Box 677
Amherst, OH 44001
Phone: 1-800-867-7669
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in each time zone.

FAQs link, also shown below
FAQs
Q1.
Why is Nissan implementing this program?
A.
Nissan is contacting owners of 2004-2007 model year Nissan Titan and Armada vehicles. These vehicles were sold with the correct Warranty Information Booklet, but there was the possibility for a dealership to incorrectly apply the warranty policy if an exhaust manifold catalyst required replacement.
Q2.
What is the possible effect of the issue?
A.
If a warrantable defect in materials or workmanship developed that required replacement of the exhaust manifold catalyst, it is possible that a manifold repair was incorrectly covered under power train warranty instead of the longer emission warranty coverage. The emission warranty coverage applies because it is a one-piece manifold and catalyst part even if only the manifold portion of the part was affected. A customer may have incorrectly been required to pay for the repair out-of-pocket if the power train coverage had expired but the emission coverage had not.
Q3.
What will Nissan do?
A.
Nissan will provide notification on how owners who paid for the repair prior to expiration of 8 year / 80K mile emission warranty coverage can be reimbursed for their repair costs.
Q4.
When will vehicle owners be notified?
A.
We began to notify owners in the middle of December 2010
Q5.
Is this a safety recall?
A.
No, this is a Warranty Clarification and does not affect the operation of the vehicle
Q6.
What model year vehicles are involved?
A.
Only 2004-2007 model year Nissan Titan & Nissan Armada
Q7.
I have a 2004-2007 Titan or Armada, but did not receive a letter; how can I tell if my vehicle is included?
A.
Please contact Nissan Consumer Affairs at 1.800.867.7669
Q8.
How many vehicles are involved in the campaign?
A.
Approximately 457,661 vehicles are in the potentially affected population.
Q9.
Does this affect any other Nissan models?
A.
No, there are no other affected Nissan models. However a number of Infiniti QX56 vehicles are involved. In the event you own an Infiniti QX56 please contact Infiniti Consumer Affairs at 1-800-662-6200 if you have any questions.
Q10.
Does this include 2004-2007 Titan & Armada sold in Canada?
A.
Yes.
Q11.
Does this include U.S. vehicles that are being operated in Foreign Countries (Overseas)?
A.
Yes.
Q12.
Is Nissan planning to provide reimbursements for previous related repairs?
A.
Yes, Nissan will review previous repairs for reimbursement, and determine if the repair should have been covered. Please refer to the Reimbursement Request Form for full details. Nissan will consider reimbursement requests received through August 31, 2011.
Q13.
Can I get a reimbursement through my Nissan Dealer?
A.
No, Nissan North America, Inc. is in the best position to issue a refund and expedite a check to you.
Q14.
Are towing expenses covered that were previously paid for?
A.
Yes, towing expenses are covered as part of the customer reimbursement.
Q15.
Are rental car expenses covered that were previously paid for?
A.
Yes, rental car expenses are covered as part of the customer reimbursement.
Q16.
If I need my manifold catalyst repaired in the future, can I have it replaced at an independent repair facility and have the cost reimbursed to me?
A.
No, all future warranty repairs must take place at an authorized Nissan dealer. If the repairs were made during the period between the expiration of the power train warranty and the emission warranty, at an independent facility prior to the implementation of this program, the repairs may be eligible for reimbursement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had one cat replaced & the other repaired on my 05 armada. Now I'm fighting with nissan about getting any reimbursement because the shop that did the work didn't put the nissan part #'s on the receipt (for the replaced part). Does anyone know the oem part #? I called 2 nissan dealerships & one of them didn't really want to give the #'s & the other gave me a # that started with 1255. I know the parts start with the #'s 14002, but I don't know the rest of them. Please help :/

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I know the parts start with the #'s 14002, but I don't know the rest of them. Please help :/
courtesyparts.com lists several numbers, all starting with 14002-TA6000

The last digit on the right is either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6

You might call them and find out which number goes for your particular model. (800) 527-1909

1 - 8 of 8 Posts