Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing my maplights last night and come to the realization that the lens covers and the switches are a P.O.S. I broke one of the covers getting it off to begin with then the on/off push button switch inside broke. I called the dealer...........are you ready? "Sir you have to buy the entire console assembly to get that." :fight: SO can anyone direct me to a site or company that would be able to sell me that .50 cent switch instead of buying a 250.00 console?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Radio Shack maybe?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It could be worse. I remember reading on here some time ago a guy who was doing something on the interior and knocked himself silly when he accidentally did something that set off the airbag.
Good Luck putting it in without breaking the new one.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
roy365 said:
Update......MFR will sample out replacement.
Let me know what you find out on how to order these. My passenger map light is out and I have yet see if it's the bulb or the switch...

Reminds me of the issue I had with my wiper cowl. The monkey that changed my windshield snapped two of the clips that hold the cowl down. I asked the dealer for a couple of replacement clips...they couldn't do it. They had to order an entirely new cowl. Instead of a 20 cent fix, it was over $200. Thankfully they let me use the warranty.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Treebasher said:
Let me know what you find out on how to order these. My passenger map light is out and I have yet see if it's the bulb or the switch...

Reminds me of the issue I had with my wiper cowl. The monkey that changed my windshield snapped two of the clips that hold the cowl down. I asked the dealer for a couple of replacement clips...they couldn't do it. They had to order an entirely new cowl. Instead of a 20 cent fix, it was over $200. Thankfully they let me use the warranty.
The switch is made by Judco. If you search that its easy to find. Then go to the automotive side and send them an email explaining what ya got. Either way be careful trying to open those covers, they are very fragile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts