Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I came across this yesterday.

and of course, a YouTube video on instructions on how to use it.

Basically, you do this:
1. Download the map update tool from Nissan on your computer.
2. Plug in your own USB stick into the slot in the truck and go to the nav screen update selection as shown in the video. That downloads your current maps onto the stick.
3. Plug the stick into your computer and call up the Nissan nav tool.
4. Select and download the new maps you wish to update onto the stick.
5. Plug the stick back into the truck's USB port.

Mine automatically updated from there. They caution not to shut off the vehicle during the download. The more area maps you select, the longer the update takes. I selected several and it took about 30 minutes to download onto the stick, and another 30 minutes in the truck.

Not an expert on the matter, but I gave it a shot. Worked just like they said. No cost. Now that being said, I don't know if this is the same update as the costly one, but it loaded and works fine.

Looks like it works on 2018 and newer, but again, I'm certainly no expert on the matter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you need to format the USB stick to any secific format FAT32/NTFS etc... For some reason my app just say

and with the stick in..

in windows i can see the files on the stick... i'ts a JSON file...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get the successful download message when you had the stick in the truck?

also, your computer must be connected to the internet

·
Registered
24 Posts
yep... the car said it was happy.. and my PC is connected to the internet....
I had a look on the stick... only one file

Could it be that it's missing something...

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
58 Posts
I meant to post in the other thread yesterday too, but couldn't verify if this was the same thing, was at work and couldn't download the program to my work PC.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
58 Posts
From the description of map size, and selecting the areas you want to download/update, it sounds like this is the same process as wifi. I connect to wifi in the truck when in the driveway, so any updates I just do that way.
I wasn't sure if these are just maps updates (LOI, roads, etc) or an actual update to the app/firmware to where it would work and look better. Seeing the displays in some other vehicles, I find the Titan display kind of blah really...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tried to do this with my 2018 (manufactured 10/2017) but the radio/nav system is different than shown in the video. No place to access info and the screen set up is different. Further research indicates this will work for the non sd card type systems. SD card systems can be updated after a fee is paid to Nissan for an updated SD card.
If this is not correct, please show me how to do it on the SD card system.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
B,
You are correct.

The Door to Door phone app and nav system is specified for use on 2020's and 2021's. My 2019 SL MIdnight was built late in '19 and it has the system without an SD card.

Nissan has had at least 3 ways to update maps in the last few years. First was through the CD player, then no CD player and updates through the SD card, then no SD card and updates through the USB port or WiFi.

Yours will have to be done through the SD card.

·
Registered
2020 Pro-4x CC Baja Storm
30 Posts
Genuinely, why? I've not had Nav before but I just get in and connect up my phone app. My wife keeps hitting the maps button but it's cuz she still expects it to bring up Google Maps or Waze.

Does this work when the phone looses signal/GPS?

Or is this for like when you're near your data limit for the month or already in safety mode cuz your kid didn't know they weren't connected to wifi while they were watching the newest funny cat videos? :eek:

Is there a reason I should give the Nav a try?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts