Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what happens when you do not disconnect the battery and unplug your mass air meter? just curious going to install my new cai

thanks

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
nothing is going to happen if you dont disconnect the battery, its just a precaution when doing maintenance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No im talking about not disconnecting your battery when you disconnect your mass air meter

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
still shouldnt be a problem. Just make sure to be careful when taking the MAF sensor out. I installed my CAI without disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
What would be the reason to disconnect the battery?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think 99% of us didn't disconnect the battery before removinging the MAF. I didn't and nothing happended. Nothing has been reported here either.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I bet if you read the fine print it says to unplug the battery when you check ur tires air pressure lol! Your fine like Medic said 99% of us didnt

·
Banned
138 Posts
I know I didn't, but then again when I installed the vk-pro I just flipped the batter on the side. I was in a hurry, started to freaking snow.

·
Registered
341 Posts
downndirty said:
Does anyone know what happens when you do not disconnect the battery and unplug your mass air meter? just curious going to install my new cai

thanks

I managed to drive my truck without the MAF plugged in after I re-did the intake elbow to the supercharger. Drove about 8 miles to a restaurant, popped the hood to show the work to a friend and noticed the harness hanging loose. Truck didn't act funny at all...:upsidedow

I wouldn't try it again though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts