Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the tinted out windows and tail light. What about the popo? I dont want to black out my tails and get pulled over by every other statey. So does anyone actually know this dumb law?

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Not sure about mass, but in washington its "frowned upon". When I got pulled over the cop told me to get new lights, never did lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would imagine this is illegal in just about every state. Don't know tho.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
My windows are 20% and have been on all my trucks, never had a problem. And my tails are 35% I believe, got a deep red wine look to em not completely black, again, no problemos. Josh's are basically black and I dont think hes had any trouble

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Tinting taillights reduces the viewable range distance and should be illegal IMO. Millions of baby boomers are out there driving with impaired vision and need to see those bright tailights ...lol.

Reactions: BobNYC

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
they dont dim them as much as you may think

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm i think im gonna talk to a coulpe cop buddies aand see what they think. Knowing mass there is some dumb algorithm to deyermine tint percentage like our lift law lol.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
My front windows are the same as the back windows. One place would not give me an inspection for two reasons:

1. They didn't "Think" the tint would pass.
2. The exhaust was not stock. Since it was louder than stock it was in essence illegal in mass.

Keep in mind, this place just got their inspection license and they certainly didn't want to lose it due to something like this. Especially considering the money that have to fork over to get the equipment per se.

Second place told me the tint was too dark and they wouldn't pass it. didn't charge me because they checked it before they took my money. Never did get the exact numbers.

Took it to another place that my friend goes to and no issues. It all depends on the shop I guess. I can take a pick from the side of the truck if you want to see what mine look like. Again, if they read the level with a gun or whatever they use, I don't know if mine would pass. It stated "pass" on the report as if they checked it though.....

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
So glad I dont have to get inspected.
I run 5% tint w no problem also smoked out covers on my head and tail lights.
I went with the clip ons in case I do ever get pulled over I can Simply pull them off.

Question, Why do ya'll call the popo 'staties'?
Are they state troopers? more troopers than city popo? up there?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Staties has always been the term for State Police as far as I remember. The locals are, well just locals.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All highway cops are staties in mass and they are around time from time to time. But theyre alot more strick then city cops.

-Dave

·
Registered
286 Posts
On the high ways in between cities is when we see state troopers. Never see them in town.
You guys have them in town?

·
Registered
74 Posts
On the high ways in between cities is when we see state troopers. Never see them in town.
You guys have them in town?
We have State Troopers in most of the bigger cities, especially the gang and drug infested ones.

35% tint is the legal limit for the front side windows in MA, I don't know about the tails.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Where in Mass you guys from? I grew up in Millis, about 15 miles west of Boston near Framingham. I go home there every other year or so for family. That's one thing I do remember growing up there is getting pulled over, mostly from town cops. Never got ticketed, all warnings.

I still got some old friends from high school who are cops there and they won't give a ticket unless the offense is really bad. He said he doesn't like helping the insurance companies earn more profit so he won't write a citation for moving violations.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
FYI:

By posting this thread..YOU (lol) JINX'd me. I received the dreaded fix it ticket today.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Physical WINDOW TINT will reduce the light output. Thats why they have VHT nightshades.... Thats doesnt do it..

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FYI:

By posting this thread..YOU (lol) JINX'd me. I received the dreaded fix it ticket today.
Haha sorry dude. Cops in my town dont like me. Ive had three tickets and im 19. Im in westfield. Exit 3 off mass pike.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
35% is the legal correct on all the windows. u can do a percentage of the front window but very small...no idea on the tails. i read somewhere that they must be visible from 1000 feet away but i have no idea what it was pertaining to. dave my tails are the same color as my truck bro lol ive never had anyone say nething to me bout them. although i do work hand n hand with all the cops around me so they all know me...couple pics below to show how dark mine really are:)

2011-04-10_12-53-33_408.jpg

2011-04-10_12-51-19_12.jpg

1010001215c.jpg

P1000012.jpg this last one is a good pic of how dark they are. gus's r tinted as well then taug and toms t's have stock tails

1 - 20 of 31 Posts