Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering if the toyo open country m/t's 33 x 12.5 with kmc 20 inch rockstars would fit on my truck. i already have the leveling kit installed. I have been doing the whole process online to save money but its just been a pain. All the offroad stores tell me something different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,655 Posts
the answer is YES
 
  • Like
Reactions: KingTitan2007

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i appreciate the help...i will try and get some pictures posted when i get this process done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
Its a very tight fit on factory 18s with some rubbing. I'm not too sure then will work on 20's. I was looking at doing the same thing and ended up just going a size down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I recently enquired at my local "4wheel parts store" about purchasing 20X10 rims, with 305/50R20 Terra Grapplers for my 2005 Nissan TitanXE 4x4 with a front 2 1/2 leveling kit. But the salesclerk told me that the max rim and tire that would fit under the fender without any gutting, or major fender remodling would be a 20X9 with 285/50R20s. He even went so far as to check with the tire manufacturer. He also told me that they tried and failed with the larger rim and tires. I feel that it is a waste of time to get a rim and tire that thin. Can anybody help me???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
DA ROCK said:
I recently enquired at my local "4wheel parts store" about purchasing 20X10 rims, with 305/50R20 Terra Grapplers for my 2005 Nissan TitanXE 4x4 with a front 2 1/2 leveling kit. But the salesclerk told me that the max rim and tire that would fit under the fender without any gutting, or major fender remodling would be a 20X9 with 285/50R20s. He even went so far as to check with the tire manufacturer. He also told me that they tried and failed with the larger rim and tires. I feel that it is a waste of time to get a rim and tire that thin. Can anybody help me???
I personally wouldn't listen to anything anyone that works at 4wheelparts says. Honestly the only thing 99% of the people that work there are capeable of doing is going on their computer, and looking up what they can sell you for your truck, then trying to sell it to you. They will never recommend anything they don't sell, even if it would better suite your needs which shows me that they absolutely do not look out for their customer's best intrest they're only there to try to sell you anything and everything they can. As a matter of fact, they just tried to sell Etalian steering stabilizers for his truck, and you don't even them on our truck's because of the rack and pinion steereing, they're for straight axle trucks. Depending on the width,backspacing, and offset of your rims you can put a 35x12.50 or a 33x12.50 (or they're metric equivelent). The 35s will require the pinch weld mod, which may sound scary but it's really no big deal at all. (do a search for it)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
PLEASE post a pic if you do this. I was wondering the exact same thing.

in fact, could you run rockstars with like a 305/55-20 with a rear drop to level the truck?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
After much discussions with the people at "4wheel parts", I decided to place an order for 20x10 rims. It will arrive in about 3 weeks. The salesclerk will try to work with me to find the best possible tire size for my truck, then place the order at that time. I'll get back to you people with that information. Hopefully, "Megw3788" suggestion on 33x12.50s will work on the rims I picked.(width, backspacing, and offset of rims)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,379 Posts
DA ROCK said:
After much discussions with the people at "4wheel parts", I decided to place an order for 20x10 rims. It will arrive in about 3 weeks. The salesclerk will try to work with me to find the best possible tire size for my truck, then place the order at that time. I'll get back to you people with that information. Hopefully, "Megw3788" suggestion on 33x12.50s will work on the rims I picked.(width, backspacing, and offset of rims)
PICS..... PLEASE........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
Megw3788 said:
I personally wouldn't listen to anything anyone that works at 4wheelparts says. Honestly the only thing 99% of the people that work there are capeable of doing is going on their computer, and looking up what they can sell you for your truck, then trying to sell it to you. They will never recommend anything they don't sell, even if it would better suite your needs which shows me that they absolutely do not look out for their customer's best intrest they're only there to try to sell you anything and everything they can. As a matter of fact, they just tried to sell Etalian steering stabilizers for his truck, and you don't even them on our truck's because of the rack and pinion steereing, they're for straight axle trucks. Depending on the width,backspacing, and offset of your rims you can put a 35x12.50 or a 33x12.50 (or they're metric equivelent). The 35s will require the pinch weld mod, which may sound scary but it's really no big deal at all. (do a search for it)
here here. 4wheel ppl are nothing but rip off artists. i went in looking for a 4" lift before i knew about prg. the sold me the rancho lift that is a 5.5" life and the drive shaft hits the undercarage of my truck and my 33" tires rubed. they said the lift would fit 35s. hows that possable if 33s are rubing?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
93,665 Posts
I was told by Les Schwab that the max tire size I could fit with my level kit was a 285,75/17 with the Open Country M/T
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
93,665 Posts
rader s said:
i am wondering if the toyo open country m/t's 33 x 12.5 with kmc 20 inch rockstars would fit on my truck. i already have the leveling kit installed. I have been doing the whole process online to save money but its just been a pain. All the offroad stores tell me something different.
Where have you found the Toyo's online?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,182 Posts
http://www.tiredeals4less.com/

The 285/75/17 are probably the tallest you'd want ... they are 34.1" diameter and 71 lbs. I'm running 295/70/17 which in the M/T are 33.5".

Very heavy tires though, (my 295s are 73 pounds), ... my Titan felt so much quicker with the 58 lbs. BFG AT KOs, in a 285/70/17, and the Toyo M/Ts took my gas mileage down by another solid 1 mpg.

Already researching for a 50 something pound LT285/70/17 for next time.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
93,665 Posts
Those are far better prices than at the local Tire Dealers.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top