Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Titan will be in need of some new meats in a few months, so I need to start doing my homework. I was originally going to get some bigger rims but I'm very happy with my Bedlined stockers. Am I correct when I can run a 285 without any rubbing issues on the spindle?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The Titan will be in need of some new meats in a few months, so I need to start doing my homework. I was originally going to get some bigger rims but I'm very happy with my Bedlined stockers. Am I correct when I can run a 285 without any rubbing issues on the spindle?
Yes a 285 is the stock OR tire width. I ran the LT295/70R17 Toyo M/Ts on them with no problems, (leveled). Also, there have been quite a few that have run the LT315/70R17, but because they are a 34.5", most had to do the pinch weld mod, because they rub the back of the front wheel wells when turning.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
The max width I'd go on those rims would be 12.5", or 325's. Much wider and I think you'd have some crowning, meaning uneven wear. But with 285's and stock offset, they'll be no rub at all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas, I appreciate the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts