Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded up from my 05' Frontier to the 08' Titan with tow package so i can tow my track car in an enclosed trailer. I am looking at the 24' Haulmarks but i have seen some nice ones going up near 30' in length. I went to a Carson Trailer
factory outlet yesterday and they do not suggest that i go more than 24 feet. I was woondering if any experienced members here have the same opinion. Thank's in advance! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
662 Posts
My TT is 27" but with the tongue and all its actually about 30'. I would have no problem pulling something up to 35' with a Titan. These things are towing monsters.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Me personally, I would keep the OAL(over all length) to no more then about 26-27 ft.
This keeps you from pulling too much trailer, too much tongue weight and could help out in the emergency moves if ever needed.
I know what others tow, but I just like to give myself more margin then that.
There are a lot of trailers in that size BTW...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Mine is just over 30' and about 7500 lbs. loaded. I know that there are a few that actually tow longer and heavier but this is big enough for me. IMO, I wouldn't go over that with out getting a 3/4 ton. You should make sure what ever you get that you also invest in a good set-up. Get a good WD hitch like the Equal-i-zer hitch and brake controller, like a Prodigy. I'm also a firm believer that you don't max out the 9500 lbs towing rate but do the 80% Rule just to play it safe.

All in all this truck is a great tow vehicle even with the lift!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have towed over 9000 miles with my titan pulling a 25' travel trailer that is 5000lbs loaded. It does a fine job as long as i stay around 65mph on the interstates any faster and the truck feels like its on sponges. The titan suspension is the limitation. If you try to pull a trailer larger than mine and still have people in the truck and a little firewood in the bed you will be over the titan's gvwr. This the problem towing with a half ton truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank's for everyones input. I will probably go with a 25 or 26 foot Haulmark. I do not really see hauling more than a 2,000 lb car with another 1,000 lb's in track gear tools etc. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Pupi gotta ask is that a 4x4 or 2 wheel drive? By the way nice scarab 35 , is that ***** medella light ?

·
Super Moderator
161,755 Posts
At 27' (w/o the tongue), my travel trailer hasn't presented any problems whatsoever. It weighs in at about 6k loaded up. I've never towed it "wet" with full tanks, and I don't think I ever will. Having said that, it's about as long a trailer as I think I'd want to pull.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How's this for long? A guy I used to work with has a Ford F350 superduty (non duallie) and tows his 20+ foot 5th wheel, and his 17+ foot boat behind that. He said he pulls into a truck stop and parked next to an 18 wheeler and he was longer than the truck...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very helpful site. :rockon

HudsonValleyTitan said:
See if this helps:

I tow a 31" Jayco (actually 32.6') with my Titan and have had no problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a travel trailer 28' not including the hitch, the registration list the trailer gvw at 10,000 but the unlainden weight at 6,000.I have a 2006 Titan with tow package.Can anyone tell me if I should tow this?

·
Super Moderator
161,755 Posts
fiveo1012 said:
I have a travel trailer 28' not including the hitch, the registration list the trailer gvw at 10,000 but the unlainden weight at 6,000.I have a 2006 Titan with tow package.Can anyone tell me if I should tow this?
You should be able to. Loaded, you're going to be at about 7k or a bit more. You'll still be at around 75% of the total towing capacity, which is about the upper limit I'd be comfortable with. As long as you have a good W/D hitch, you shouldn't have any problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts