Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would post and introduce myself.
My name is Mikie.

Next week I will be buying a 2006 SE KC 4X4 FFV.
A buddy needs to get out of his truck payment and wants my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee and $ to trade. After each driving the others vehicles and our spouses also doing the same we have agreed to terms. So I will soon be the owner of a new to me Titan with 12K miles. Pics to come soon.

The Jeep I have/had was an IASCA SPL, DbDrag, and SLAP Stock 161-260 Db vehicle from 2000-2003. Stereo is still in the jeep and my friend wants it. Some pictures of the install are available (but I do not have enough posts yet ?!?) DD 9512Es are still in the Gately audio enclosur and I have two PHD2s - one per sub if you boys like stereos.
I have not competed since 2003 at SLAP finals in Atlanta and DbDrag is kinda fading here in the midwest. Still enjoy the tunes though!

Since then I have changed hobbies and now own 6 acres and a pond here in IL. I own a John Deere 3320 CUT tractor and a full on crazy woodworking shop/cabinet shop. Also like fishing, guns, and own a Yamaha Midnight Warrior motorcycle.

The Jeep, while being 4X4 and deals with the snow OK, does not quite fit my needs for hauling a tractor or wood. Crazy -Wish I had had this shop when I was doing audio comps I know that. Pretty funny what I can do now with a shaper and the router table. You boys that are doing installs - get a good dust collector (sub 5 micron)!! MDF dust is hard on the lungs and very messy.

So now I find a full size truck, that is very sporty looking, and looks to be a very nice and mod-able truck. I found this forum and also found many audio posts which makes me very happy.

I still have a stash of other audio equipment not included in the Jeep sale and have an ORION XTR 500 that is brand new that may get added to the truck. I do not want to go crazy in this truck but adding a 10" sub for SOME lower end in not out of the question. I may just keep the stock HU (that is hard for me to put in typed words) but I will see what the HU has to offer before crossing that road. Anyone using the stock HU with an amp/sub (it is NOT the rockford Fosgate setup).

For this week though the concentration will be on aquiring the truck.

A quick question - abover where the B-pillars should be would there be an indication if my truck had the side curtain air bags - how can I tell if it does or not?

Truck will be a King cab SE 4X4, has the tow haul mode and the towing package with the rails and bed liner and the tied down hooks, has the step bars, the convienece package including the backup sonar, power drivers seat, power mirrors, locks, windows, home link, a sliding rear window, the lock box on the drivers side rear fender, and the tuck is FFV. May be more options but this is all I can remember. Truck is a Dark graphite color. Pretty happy about the options and the truck overall. With the Jeep trade, the truck is very cheap for me (not as great as deal as you 10K off guys get though on new) but it helps my buddy out which is also part of my goal. He is trying to get to WA state to be an insurance agent and needs to get out of this truck payment and other debt to help buy a business. He introduced me to my wife (now of 5.5 years and lived together for 9) and for that I am eternally bonded to him.

Other bio info is that I have a 10 month old daughter who is AWESOME and I am really digging being a dad. I have her out in the shop with me and we have a good time building things (she watches with interest). She has also taken a ride on the Deere. WW is my hobby so if you ever have any questions about this or Deere tractors, I would be glad to help.

I am in IT guy (IBM AIX UNIX and WebSphere if you care) as a full time job, and also build my own PCs and like to occasionally game (just beat Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 on the PC).

Thanks for the Titan forum and all the info you boys post.

I may want some 20s for the Jeep sometime so you boys that want to sell some stock rims keep me in mind in about months - wife needs to digest the new truck reality first.

Hope to post more soon.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Welcome to TT, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

·
Registered
97 Posts
WOW what a intro. You sound like you have a lot of things going on and seem very knowledgeable, (sp?). Welcome to the forum you are going to love the truck it is AWESOME.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome, nice intro. I have the mid-line stereo with line out converters, Bostwick EC2i x-over into an old Autotek 66 pushing two tens in a box I built my self to go under the rear seat(former installer myself many moons ago). I like the mid line stereo ok. I really like the 6 disc changer more! The sound quality is definitely not competition caliber, but it suits me for now. Enjoy the truck!!

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Sounds like a good trade. You will enjoy this truck. Welcome to TT.:D

·
Registered
795 Posts
you had me at "woodworking shop/cabinet shop. Also like fishing, guns"

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
harland98 said:
WOW what a intro. You sound like you have a lot of things going on and seem very knowledgeable, (sp?). Welcome to the forum you are going to love the truck it is AWESOME.
As you can tell, hes excited about owning a TITAN here soon. Don't worry buddy, you learn to summerize about the TITAN. Welcome to the fourms.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So what was your Db rating? I rated 158.6 in my last comp (about 4 years ago)By the way welcome to TT, What kind of guns you got? Heres a few of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will go back and look to see what my highest SPL was. It know it was not 158 though. I was doing my numbers in the Jeep GC and it has a great feature (for driving) of venting the Jeep when the doors close (so your ears do not pop) with these vents in the louvers in the rear. That meant that every time I burped it on the line those vents would open. I was in the stock class 161-260 (two 12" subs) so no body mods to seal them. I think 154.6 was my highest but I will check. Not bad for a stock Jeep setup. Boys with walls had trouble doing that. Even some trucks (which are 1/3 the volume of interior) had trouble doing that.

I have a LinearX meter in the closet with a PAC IV portable box and the high SPL mic if anyone wants to buy it. You will need a computer with a serial port to use this. I will include an older laptop that needs to be reloaded (your OS) with the deal if you want. PM me as I know that this is not for sale section.

I will get pics of the sound domain site up latter as their site is down for maintenance right now.

For the current stuff:

Add in the http colon slash slash (no www)

mysite.verizon.net/unix888/bloomingtonmikeswoodshop/ - for the woodshop pictures

mysite.verizon.net/unix888/ - for the tractor pictures

This is Definately a forum of boys with toys - I will fit right in ;) . Built an Armalite AR-15A2 with Trijicon Reflex and Beta C Mag (look up beta C to see all the fun). Also a tactical Stainless flutted heavy barrel Savage 110 in .223 with a Leupold Mark IV styled (black ring) Vari X III with target knobs. A few others also in teh safe. Springfield XD 40 and Glock 17 for the handhelds. Usual assortment of hunting and .22 fun. Mini 14 as well that started me on my .223 liking (and bulk round benefits). Thinking AR-10 in .308 for the next round of joy but that will be double the coin of the AR-15 and rounds will be five times that of .223.

Right now I am just excited about a truck!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
mrgrim420 said:
So what was your Db rating? I rated 158.6 in my last comp (about 4 years ago)By the way welcome to TT, What kind of guns you got? Heres a few of mine.
id hate to be the persont that breaks into your house...."misslelau :huh:

and welcome to the forums....

·
Super Moderator
162,263 Posts
Well welcome to the boards! Sounds like you're going to love the truck, and you're going to have lots to contribute as the mods you do come online. :) Enjoy!

PS, nice to have an intro like that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
bloomingtonmike said:
I will go back and look to see what my highest SPL was. It know it was not 158 though. I was doing my numbers in the Jeep GC and it has a great feature (for driving) of venting the Jeep when the doors close (so your ears do not pop) with these vents in the louvers in the rear. That meant that every time I burped it on the line those vents would open. I was in the stock class 161-260 (two 12" subs) so no body mods to seal them. I think 154.6 was my highest but I will check. Not bad for a stock Jeep setup. Boys with walls had trouble doing that. Even some trucks (which are 1/3 the volume of interior) had trouble doing that.

I forgot what class I was in, but my system consisted of 6 JL 10W6's pushed by 2 phoenix gold ZX500's, all mbQuart mids and highs powered by a phoenix gold ZX450, audio control X-overs, dual audio control equalizers (one for the front stage, one for the rear), caps, batteries etc... all in a 99' mitsubishi eclipse.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Welcome to the club bro! And you are definately getting the right truck! :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts