Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading now for the past 40 minutes about this exhaust and it sounds great in teh vid clips and they look impressive, was just curious if anyone here has them installed...i was looking at these

MBRP Performance Exhaust

·
Registered
17,713 Posts

There's a thread about it, I'll post back in a minute

DOH! Just re-read your post and you've already heard it... Oh well :D

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
love the sound, hate the exits.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
yessah thats me in the vids! yea i love it. Still havent gotten any good vids up besides those wet road ones but I get compliments on the sound all the time from even ford and gm guys. Get single side exit. Dual looks guido

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Definitely too raspy and CIS sound for me. To each their own though.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
keep in mind that was 20 mins after i put it on. muffler broke in and there is only cis at 5000rpm and up. Its really deepened in the year ive had it on and growls now

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hmmm i still think i would go with the Corsa's , i had them on my corvette and they are just such a high quality exhaust and i got good numners out of thema nd just loved the sound.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Corsa sounds good on Mustangs, Mopars and GM vehicles. Nissan's VK56 has a very strange sound to it compared to other V8's.

Reactions: jpac811

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
^very strange. Im not a fan but the rest of the truck makes up for it..

·
Registered
8 Posts
thinking about getting this exact exhaust. How tough was the install? I'm considering having a shop do it, partly cuz most of my bolts are rusted to hell (thats what I get for getting a 7 year old truck...). How much did you pay for yours?

·
Registered
221 Posts
thinking about getting this exact exhaust. How tough was the install? I'm considering having a shop do it, partly cuz most of my bolts are rusted to hell (thats what I get for getting a 7 year old truck...). How much did you pay for yours?
referring to the shop part... if they are rusted you will need heat. if they are super rusted you will probably need to cut them off... I just did my JBA myself and had this issue. Cutting wheel to cut off the nuts/studs, remove the exhaust, recut the leftover studs and grind to flat... then redrill 4 holes in the cat flanges. Youll need to go small to big when drilling. it sucked....

Best I saw on MBRP was ebay but they have a a few different finishes for different prices. I opted for JBA from Buyjba.com for 346 shipped.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went with MBRP S5402409 T409-Stainless Steel Dual Split Rear Cat Back Exhaust System..installed yesterday..they are incredible. LOVE the sound. The installer was so impressed by the quality and sound ..he was dropping his flowmasters on his 05 dodge ram and putting on MBRP's.

Next Step..Volant intake

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
minimal drone, about as much as any other large diameter pipe system with a flow thru muffler. Most drone occurs around 55mph tc locked up and you roll into it and hold it in 5th, but as soon as you stop accelerating and hold speed it goes away

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought my Titan last week and was thinking of doing this as my first mod. Still undecided on which exhaust to go with. Ive got a racing background so of course I love everything loud as hell and MEAN sounding

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Nice man, I know these are popular in the diesel world as you can get full down pipe back straight pipe kits for like 300
yep its sick. soon as my warranty runs up its 5" turbo back mbrp for this guy. great products

1 - 19 of 19 Posts