Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be recieving my new MG kit any day now and all of a sudden I start hearing alot of people with the kit talking about bottoming out. Is this a big issue? I know for a little more you can get a PRG kit but don't know if it is bottming out also. Is there anything to do to make it not bottm out as easy like putting different shocks on or do they just need to drive better?

·
Registered
390 Posts
they bottom out because theres not a ton of room between the factory bump stop and lower control arm. any 2 inch drop (besides a spindle) is going to have the same issue. doing a coilover might slow down the compression but if its too stiff it would ride like crap. dont worry about it, they are fine and only happen when you bottom out on something pretty big...nice pot hole/ or speed bump. just get it and enjoy it, and watch what you run over...remember its not a prerunner.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
My 04' 2wd stock bottomed out all the time, even on the freeway a few times, brought it back to the dealer, they measured the ride height and compared it to several of the same trucks on the lot - exactly the same.

I can't even imagine how often this would happen when lowered...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! The kit showed up yesterday and I am just sitting here staring at it. I think if I stare hard enough it will jump on my truck all by itself. I found a set of KYB GR-2s for a good price but I just found the ones by Doetsch that are made for lowered trucks. I called and left a message to see if they make them for a Titan yet. If no Doetsch then I'll go with the KYBs

·
Registered
789 Posts
others on this board that have seen the kyb swear they are the same as the stockers. they say they even have the same body and welds. ??

·
Registered
249 Posts
Any updates on this so far?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Leadsled124 has got the McGaughys kit. He actually pulled the stock bump stop out. Now it doesnt hit.I am trying to convince him to run some air bumps instead. Should handle alot better and take the bumps smoother.

·
Registered
789 Posts
KUSTOMZMAN1 said:
they bottom out because theres not a ton of room between the factory bump stop and lower control arm. any 2 inch drop (besides a spindle) is going to have the same issue. doing a coilover might slow down the compression but if its too stiff it would ride like crap. dont worry about it, they are fine and only happen when you bottom out on something pretty big...nice pot hole/ or speed bump. just get it and enjoy it, and watch what you run over...remember its not a prerunner.
Genuine words of advice from a guy that has set up at least three MG2/3 kit Titans. All look bad a$$!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts