Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raced from a dig 2 times and 25 roll 1 time. I took him very badly from a dig.....he needs driver mod extremely bad!! I pulled about 3-4 lengths. Roll I pulled about 2 and he was slowly inching up but didn't have enough. I was on 1/8th tank and had a 200lb passenger. He has one passenger about 150lbs. Power to weight should have been pretty similar. He tore up the syncros in it after racing my friend in his 2009 Dodge Ram 4.7L. Not too shabby for a 250hp grocery getter and a 200hp K20. The one thing I noticed about the Civic that I didn't like was that the gearing is so close in the Si 6spd, that he was constantly shifting his azz off compared to me. From the top of my 2nd gear, he was already midway in 3rd, and fixing to hit 4th. I don't think I could live with a car that I had to hustle gears ALL the time just to drive it. At least in my little Cobalt, the gear spacing is much more reasonable and feels more natural rowing through the gears.......not as much hustling needed just tooling around town. @ any rate, it was fun and I kinda feel sorry for the guy, but you gotta pay to play. V6 Sonata 1, Civic Si 0.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Nice. Those quick little cars. how are they in comparison to an acura rsx vtec? manual tranny.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're the exact same thing pretty much. The RSX type S is a bit lighter, but not by enough to make a very noticeable difference IMO. Both have the 200hp K20 engine and 6spd close ratio trans. I find the power band and gearing to be "too much" for DD use and think it's more of a daily racer type power-train. The final drive is so high that you have to hustle the gears all the time in DD of the car......not for me.

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Good kill TT. Does sound like he's missing the driver mod bad, not to take anything away from you though TT, but heck, I could easily powershift my little cousins 4 door SI in every gear from the first time I drove it. Good kill none the less.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
idc what people say....civic si are dog slow. if you heavily mod them, then they can be decent. but its quite funny seeing these kids drive around in SIs....thinking they have a race car to only get beat by the granny in her
tahoe....

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
When my car is stock it's slow as ****. 15.1's ain't fast.

But after mods... it's completely different. It only gains about 5-7 mph in trap speed in the 1/4 mile, but the 1/8 mile and midrange power SKYROCKETS.

I gain... maybe 30 horsepower on the top end? from 4000-5500 rpms i gained 50 horsepower over stock.

PS: close gearing is why the car is fast. I'm not sure you've ever driven the car if you think you'll "get tired" of shifting it. It's one of the best shifting manual transmissions you'll ever drive. Also since you'd be modding it, you'd be fairly impressed with the midrange power the car gains.

The car puts you in the seat from 4500 rpms all the way to 8500 rpms.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
my roomate love his. i dont. i feel like with a tuner I could take him although we havent raced heads up yet. My 325s surely arent helping my cause any.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When my car is stock it's slow as ****. 15.1's ain't fast.

But after mods... it's completely different. It only gains about 5-7 mph in trap speed in the 1/4 mile, but the 1/8 mile and midrange power SKYROCKETS.

I gain... maybe 30 horsepower on the top end? from 4000-5500 rpms i gained 50 horsepower over stock.

PS: close gearing is why the car is fast. I'm not sure you've ever driven the car if you think you'll "get tired" of shifting it. It's one of the best shifting manual transmissions you'll ever drive. Also since you'd be modding it, you'd be fairly impressed with the midrange power the car gains.

The car puts you in the seat from 4500 rpms all the way to 8500 rpms.
It was positively NOT the best shifting stick transmission I've ever used......not by a long shot! Maybe his was worn the hell out or something but I can assure you, my Cobalt felt better going through the gears than it did. The shifter felt very sloppy and loose. The best shifting transmission I've ever used is inside a 370Z. THAT is hands down the best shifting manual trans I've ever used......bar none.

My car puts me in the seat from 2400 to 6200 rpms so I guess it has a slightly narrower powerband. but it has a meatier tq curve and just feels stronger. 2nd through 4th it pulls pretty hard. 4th tops out @ 145 and it gets there faster than a 2009+ Maxima 3.5L does with it's 290hp.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
You're comparing a direct shift transmission to a cable shift transmission.

Don't be a retard...

comparing my si's shifting to my s2000 is like comparing an apple to an orange. Direct shift vs cable shift is never a comparison. So i guess i can revise my statement. It's one of the best shifting cable linkage transmissions ever. It's smooth, not very precise feeling, but no cable transmission is without solid bushings.

And having driven 3 different cobalts, i can tell you that the comparison to the si's shifter is actually insulting, that car shifts like a turd.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To each their own I guess. His must have been beat to sheeit then, because as bad as the Cobalt is, it feels worlds better/more precise than his did. The best cable shifted trans I used was in my old H22A CB7 Accord coupe. I guess I need to drive one that hasn't been beat to death.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts